Are you our next CDL Class B Driver (with Hazmat Endorsement)?
This position will drive a truck over various local routes to deliver products to our RV distributor customers. Our ideal candidate will be an experienced CDL Class B driver (with hazard endorsement) with a good driving record. This person will also have experience loading/unloading their truck and ability to communicate with customers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Drives locally in a safe manner and in compliance with all State and Federal DOT standards and regulations.
- Properly and safely secure loads and assure loads are within vehicle weight.
- Prepare receipts, verify count and condition of freight, and may collect payments for deliveries.
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with manager to receive delivery instructions.
- Make reports of overages, shortages and damages as needed.
- Inspect vehicle equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil and water; Report any defects and/or problems.
- Perform emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, tire chains and spark plugs.
- Report vehicle accident/incident immediately to management.
- Operate material-handling equipment safely and efficiently as required.
- Maintain a truck log according to State and Federal regulations.
- Interact and maintain positive customer relations at all times, able to represent Vallen in a professional manner always.
- 3+ years or more experience driving with a valid Class-B CDL with Hazmat endorsements.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a current DOT physical card.
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Basic computer software knowledge and proficiency and/or a demonstrated technical aptitude to learn; preferred basic skills in MS-Office products, in particular with Word and Excel.
- Ability to pass written and driving equipment tests.
- Previous forklift/cherry picker experience is a plus.
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety and electrical products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, part of the global Sonepar family.
Stay up to date with Vallen, follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook,
What are the Benefits?
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.
Oil And Gas