To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
225 Thruway Park Drive
West Henrietta, NY 14586
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Operations Manager I-II Station
FedEx Ground • West Henrietta, NY
Posted 12 days ago
• Serves as a champion for FXG’s Safety Above All Culture and supports all related initiatives
• Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, training, recognition and rewards, performance evaluation and management, discipline, addressing employee concerns and staff productivity
• Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls specific day-to-day operations within the station or hub
• Responsible for assigning and managing employees to ensure the safe and efficient sortation of packages through the facility, minimizing operational cost and maximizing operational quality, including the movement, tracking and administration of trailers (in conjunction with the linehaul department as applicable)
• Analyzes operational performance through direct observation, interpretation of reports and collaboration with others.
Determines opportunities for improvement of key metrics and executes action plans to achieve results
• Leads daily employee and/or planning meetings to ensure workforce communication and understanding of operational updates and daily goals
• Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company employee relations strategies, including maintaining the confidentiality of such material and matters
• Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company safety strategies and programs
• Investigates, resolves and/or escalates customer service issues, as appropriate
• Responsible for training new employees regarding job duties and performance expectations and ensuring compliance with FXG policies, procedures and other training requirements, including but not limited to training related to quality assurance, SWAK, hazardous materials, and dock safety
• Performs other duties as assigned Minimum Education
• Six (6) months package handler, FedEx Ground field or related experience required; Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or a related area is accepted in lieu of required experience Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate a team
• Demonstrated ability to build professional rapport, effectively lead a team and positively influence diverse groups
• Proven ability to apply sound business judgment to establish and accomplish goals
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with various audiences and ability to effectively provide employees instruction on process and practice
• Ability to read, interpret and draw conclusions from numerical data and written information
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications
• Ability to maintain a working knowledge of relevant technology-based projects, including various devices and computer- based applications Other Job Description Information Tues-Sat 3:00-9:00 am
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Operations