Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
16875 W Ryerson Rd
New Berlin, WI 53151
The Quality Engineer will lead and drive continuous improvement programs utilizing Lean methodologies, validate new equipment and processes through statistical analysis, lead problem-solving teams to better meet customer needs and support the production personnel in their goals to reduce costs and scrap. Also responsible for aiding in the development of production processes, managing the document control database and facilitating the certified welder program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working knowledge of risk assessments, design control requirements, PFMEAs, control plans, quality plans, testing and inspection equipment and techniques.
- Ability to lead investigations with cross-functional teams to resolve top issues. Facilitate problem solving sessions, progress review meetings, and/or telephone conferences.
- Expertise in continuous process improvement initiatives and follow up on actions to ensure completion.
- Experience working with manufacturing and engineering to perform qualification/validation of new equipment by utilizing statistical analysis.
- Willingness to make timely decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions and includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Ability to evaluate customer returns and complaints to root cause and follow through on corrective actions.
- Organization skills aligned with managing the document control database per ISO 9001 and company procedures.
- Project management skills associated with coordinating, creating and maintaining weld procedures and welder qualification records in compliance with applicable standards and codes.
- Commitment to evaluating third party test results, maintain internal test records, and compile material test reports in compliance with customer requirements and/or applicable standards
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Cooperation in participating in the internal audit process per ISO 9001.
- Other duties as required
Skills and Experience
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Ability to generate measurable outputs when working through problems involving little to no concrete variables.
- Ability to prioritize workload and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Knowledge of proper use of safety equipment; i.e. safety glasses, ear plugs, and work boots where necessary.
- General knowledge of; and the ability to use common hand tools, powered tools, and measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, and scales.
- Ability to communicate effectively to various levels in the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Associate degree and equivalent work experience required
- Understanding of repeatability/reproducibility studies, capability studies, PFMEA and DOE.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Proficient with measurement tools such as calipers, micrometers, gauge pins, height gauges, paint mils tester, surface finish gauges, gauge blocks, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- File correspondence and other records according to the company procedures.
- Must be able to read and comprehend complex instructions, engineering drawings, bill of materials, test reports, correspondence, and memos.
- Effectively present information and work with managers, individual salespeople, customers and factory floor/support personnel.
- Previous experience working with welding equipment and/or performing weld inspections desired.
- Minitab experience desired.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Resolve Quality Issue
Perform Statistical Analysis
Use Statistical Tool
Use Quality Tool