Octo Consulting Group is seeking an Enterprise Architect to complement a 15 person team responsible for the oversight of IT program operations on behalf of a federal civilian agency. The team monitors IT service providers for compliance with contractual operational parameters as established by various contracts. You will be responsible for verifying architecture supports present and future requirements and interfaces, and ensuring system compatibility in compliance with approved standards. You will interface with professionals from the Government PMO, contracting office, various stakeholder groups, and management, acquisitions, budget, engineering, enterprise architecture, security, and configuration management professionals.
- Support the development of and provide verification and analysis activities on all aspects of Enterprise Architecture (EA).
- Ensure the EA aligns with OMB Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA).
- Conduct system architecture and configuration reviews.
- Review all Baseline Change Requests (BCRs), or other system changes, enhancements, or modernizations for compliance with enterprise technology standards.
- Responsible for the overall technical architecture and integration of application, data, services and business processes to provide seamless enterprise environment in alignment with the FEA.
- Draft, coordinate, maintain and support initial versions of segment architectures for core business and enterprise services.
- Provide recommendations to prioritize candidate business and enterprise services segment architectures.
- Conduct periodic portfolio assessments to identify, document, and support analytic reporting recommendations on architectural alignment, investment composition, segment architectures, and changes to the target architecture, and Transition Plan execution monitoring.
- Design and execute an analytics process to ensure consistent, coordinated IT decision-making across the enterprise.
- Ensure IT investments effectively support business requirements, are linked to Strategic Plans, and provide maximum business value to customers.
- Ensure the business architecture complies with FEA guidelines.
- Provide architecture planning and implementation support.
- Support the documentation and analysis of the application inventory and provide detailed application architecture guidelines.
- Identify and recommend applications for delivery, what technologies should be used to deliver them, and how the applications should be designed, deployed and integrated.
- Support development and analysis of business and technical requirements documents to ensure alignment with the EA
- Assess performance of the enterprise infrastructure and applications.
- Support system architecture and configuration reviews.
- At least 10 years of enterprise architecture implementation and management experience
- Knowledge of current and planned industry architecture trends and analysis
- Experience working with architecture frameworks such as Zachman, FEA, and DoDAF
- Experience with toolsets such as Troux and Rational System Architect
- Works well in small to large teams
- Presents well formulated recommendations to task area leads
- Excellent communicator (writing, speaking, listening) with experience advising Government PMOs
- Excellent knowledge and use of the MS Office suite (Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Project; Visio) to prepare documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Experience with large, complex IT projects and organizations
- Certified Enterprise Architect
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 12 St. SW, Washington, DC
- Top Secret or Public Trust level 6 is required