Our client is a Petroleum Corporation located in San Antonio, TX is looking for a Desktop Tech.Job Description:
Processes incoming requests, inquiries, or escalations related to IT support issues. Diagnoses and resolves complex first tier issues involving end-user workstation, remote access, password management and general IT inquiries.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers service calls and emails. Records and prioritizes service requests and maintains ticket tracking for issues. Directs requests to other areas in accordance with established guidelines.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and resolves basic and complex issues regarding hardware and or software access, security, reliability, and performance issues. Supports Microsoft Office Suite Active Directory, and remote users.
- Ensures change requirements are documented and assures timely enabling and disabling of user access privileges to protect information technology assets. Tests various systems, processes and applications to to determine compliance within established policy.
- May installs and reconfigures workstation and remove access hardware and software according to standardized specifications. Assists in pushing out new software/hardware to ensure consistency in technical standards.
- Maintains physical inventory and workstation and remove access hardware and software according to standardized specification on approved requisition. Orders company issued equipment.
- Provides information and communication for testing, upgrades, and rollouts in support of corporate, divisional and systems initiatives.
- Minimum 3 years in Level 2 Desktop Support Role.
- Strong troubleshooting logic (ability to rule out unrelated issues)
- Good knowledge of Windows OS and Office products (usage and general/intermediate troubleshooting)
- Experience with hardware troubleshooting
- Self-starter - ability to find and complete work with little/no supervision
- SAP experience preferred
- Service Now ticketing system experience preferred
- Familiarity/experience with phones and printers (or at least an understanding of how they work)
- Advanced knowledge of Windows and Office (registry, group policy, services, BSOD debugging, bitlocker encryption)
- Minimum of 3 years of diversified technology support and troubleshooting experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience supporting Windows OS WIN7/8, MS Office Suite, Active Directory, group policies, VB Scripting, and SCCM experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience with Windows domain networking, local area networking, and remote access software, VPN, Citrix, Mobile devices and VM technology troubleshooting preferred
- Experience creating, documenting, and closing incidents via ticketing system
- Strong people skills and a knack for problem solving
- Ability to maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving technical issues
- Ability to interact and collaborate with diverse groups including business end-users, IT team and vendor/technology providers
We put our Ambassadors first. When it comes down to it, we know we can't fulfill our Promise to our business customers without your commitment. You represent our organization while on assignment. In return, we do our best to show our commitment to you. Our Ambassador Benefits package includes: Medical, dental and vision coverage. It also includes 401k, sick time, holiday and much more. We are an equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Issue Tracking Systems