To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hood River, OR 97031
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Quality Control Tech Hood River
CRH Americas Materials • Hood River, OR
Posted 1 month ago
Job ID: []
Hood River Sand, Gravel & Ready-Mix, a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Quality Control Technician
Quality Control Lead
Quality Control/Hood River
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for testing samples of aggregate and concrete to determine suitability for use in various construction projects. Primarily work 8 - 10 hours per day, 5 days per week. This position requires traveling to perform the job duties at various jobsite locations.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Collect samples from concrete or aggregate plants
- Performs field tests for density or other properties
- Performs and records aggregate gradations
- Performs field tests for concrete performance
- Process samples using a variety of testing equipment and procedures
- Record data and enter information into computer systems
- Communicates with plant staff
- Performs general clean-up and maintenance duties as assigned
- Routinely assist other members of the work force in different areas of production
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Ability to obtain A.C.I Concrete Technician certification and concrete Strength Testing certification,
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Demonstrates good performance, safety and attendance.
- Demonstrates proficiency in basic mathematics.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with all departments and customers on the phone and in person.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates organizational and time management skills.
- Must pass DOT physical exam and pre-employment controlled substance testing.
To view a complete job description and apply on-line:
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Terra is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.