Job Description: Subject Matter Expert in Storage Infrastructure. Design, develop, evaluate and modify end-to-end systems and systems oriented products through their entire life cycle
The successful candidate will have a strong working background in systems administration, scripting and automation, and continuous integration development. Strong candidates will possess experience with VMWare ESXi 6.x, , RHEL 7/8.x, Linux (server distributions), fundamental networking concepts, a scripting language, a markup language, Object Oriented Programming and version control systems.
- Solid understanding of version control and using Git and tools such as Repo’s, AWS, Gitlab, Bitbucket, etc.
- Understanding of continuous integration continuous development (CI/CD) concepts.
- Achieve faster delivery by leveraging automation tools used to create the CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous delivery) pipeline
- Experience with Tenable or Ansible
- Experience with remote system administration methods (WinRM, SSH).
- Experience working in teams using Agile methodologies including Scrum or Kanban
- Solid understanding of many of the following: VS-IDE, Jira, Jenkins, Pester, and SonarQube
- Previous years of work experience in an engineering or storage capacity
- Knowledge with NetApp ONTAP OS 8.x> OnCommand and SNAP Suites
- Knowledge with NetApp FAS 6000, 8000, 9000 series
- Knowledge and experience in Data Storage to include Primary Storage, interconnecting devices, and replication
- BUR (backup and delivery); industry standard applications
- SAN Switching experience: Brocade and others
Understands Backup and Recovery (Symantec/Veritas NetBackup, Avamar and COMMVAULT) solutions
• ITSM experience (ServiceNow, BMC Remedy)
- Experience in organizational transformations to a DevOps Model
- Strong experience as a Systems Engineer in an enterprise environment of 150+ servers
- Experience managing system Information assurance (IA) baselines for Operating System and related hardware platforms.
- Enterprise Server Hardware management experience
- Ensure requirements comply with client and government standards through formal verification methods
- Translate high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and work with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements
- Design interfaces and brings system elements together
- Assess performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures
- Participate in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation
- Generate system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures
- Create test plans/procedures and ensure they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participate in the testing process to validate requirements.
- Develop technical engineering documentation
- Ensure data storage design meets accessibility / security requirements and organizational policies
- Follow strict privacy regulations to prevent data leaks by non-authorized personnel
- Troubleshoot and test data storage features and capabilities to meet requirements
- Design solutions for data storage and maintenance
- Participate in problem management and resolutions
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178