Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Designs and develops new solutions to support diverse business systems and processes of complex scope. Translates user requirements into concepts for information systems solutions and evaluates the effectiveness of these concepts.
We are currently seeking an Information Technology Systems Analyst III. This position is located in West Jefferson, Ohio.
The Developer is primarily responsible for development, modification, debugging, and analysis of complex programs for multiple functional areas. This can involve analyzing existing programs and formulating logic for new systems, devising logic procedures, flowcharting, coding, and testing for a wide range of programs.
This position, in addition to developer skills, requiring having and developing expertise in validation/maintenance of laboratory applications to support the collection, management, and reporting of laboratory data. The laboratory applications are subject to the FDA’s Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) regulations.
In this capacity, the Developer will:
- Define and document user requirements
- Prepare system design specifications
- Develop applications
- Perform development testing
- Participate in the validation of system modules in accordance with FDA’s GLPs
- Oversee application deployment
- Facilitate changes, fixes, and upgrades
- Manage change control while following a rigorous systems development lifecycle
- Participate in client and regulatory audits of system operation
- Maintain current knowledge and skills on relevant topics and technologies.
- Additional activities as needed including:
- Working with system vendors to drive day-to-day issue/problem resolution
- Maintaining system libraries
- Updating standard operating procedures
- Defining user accounts
- Supporting server infrastructure
- Working with laboratory staff to configure systems to meet their business needs
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s in Computer Information Systems or equivalent plus 5 years related experience
- Strong understanding of VB.NET, .NET framework, Entity Framework ORM, and LINQ
- Strong RDBMS skills especially SQL Server stored procedures, data modeling, reporting services
- Good understanding of best practices and software development patterns
- Willingness and ability to provide afterhours critical systems support including weekends/holidays
- Must be a US Person with the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD clearance
- Must be willing to work in a biosafety level 2 (BSL2) and/or 3 (BSL3) environment and able to wear appropriate respiratory protection
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED
- Reactive UI MVVM patterns on .Net platform
- Knowledge of unit testing frameworks MSTest/VS, NUnit or MOQ.
- Experience with IoT and/or PLC development
- HVAC or electrical engineering may be useful
- Strong understanding of government contracting process
- Experience with computer system validation
- Experience developing enterprise software solutions
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit [ Link removed ]
C Sharp (Programming Language)
Windows Presentation Foundation
Language Integrated Query
Visual Basic .Net (Programming Language)