OPPORTUNITY: We are a Foodservice cup forming manufacturing operation seeking candidates to join our Kenton, Ohio team. We’re recruiting for multiple positions so be sure you review all of our job postings. This job posting is for a Distribution Spotter with a pay rate of $17.30 – $19.10/hour plus shift differential and progressive pay increases. We continually encourage our employees to advance their careers through on the job training and job progression through our strong promotion from within program. Many of our roles are skilled trade positions and our employees build successful careers in the Printing & Packaging industry with an earning potential to $30.00/hour plus shift differential. We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, including health spending accounts and a progressive healthy lifestyle program, as well as 401-K with a company matching component and standard supplemental company contributions. Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Tuition Reimbursement, Aflac, Lifelock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services. Tabaco Cessation and Employee Assistance/Referral Program, Safety Shoe, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are also available.
Please review all of our job postings and apply for each position you feel you’re qualified and would like to be considered for.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We are a smoke-free campus! This policy covers all tobacco products, including e-cigarettes. We offer fulltime employees a variety of methods to assist you in your journey to becoming a smoke-free employee!
JOB SUMMARY: The Distribution Spotter will drive loaded and empty trailers from one plant location to another in order to transport material, product and supplies. Additionally, they will load and unload trailers by hand as needed as well as operate a clamp truck to load, unload and transport material, products and supplies. They understand and align business operations and Distribution Department as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.
WORK SCHEDULE: Night Shift 7:00 P.M. – 7:00 A.M. (either C or D shift)
Must be willing and able to work nights and weekends. The opportunity to move to a day shift schedule is available!
IMPORTANT NOTE: We are a smoke-free campus! This policy covers all tobacco products, including smokeless varieties and e-cigarettes. We offer fulltime employees a variety of methods to assist you in your journey to becoming a smoke-free employee!
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Work within and adhere to GPI’s core values of Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships and Teamwork.
- Safety check the clamp truck prior to use; document recorded issues.
- Follow picking list to load and unload trailers using clamp truck; remove product from bay and RT product movement; verify against invoice/bill that the correct product has been delivered.
- Organize Warehouse and keep assigned areas clean and organized.
- Spot full and empty trailers following schedule; move full trailers to appropriate warehouse and return empty trailer to the main plant.
- Ensure that truck maintenance is on schedule and truck is kept clean.
- Responsible for assuring production of products consistent with established food safety, sanitation and quality standards.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years manufacturing experience preferred.
- Previous Spotter experience preferred.
- Must complete forklift training program; training to be provided by department.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Valid Class A CDL license required
- The Spotter schedule is 12-hour shifts on alternate days with rotating weekends off. However, employees must have the ability to work alternate schedules and overtime that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Some Departments/Jobs may run a M-F 8-hour Shift Schedule.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime.
- Sitting or standing, depending on changing job assignment, for extended periods.
- Awkward and/or repetitive movements.
- Occasional Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various hand and electrical tools and equipment.
- Work in areas of fluctuating temperature.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Distribution Spotter.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Distribution Spotter.