at Keurig Dr Pepper is responsible for installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and improvement of process equipment. Maintenance technicians must be highly quality-conscious, aggressively self-directed, motivated team players, and willing trainers—eager to gain and share new knowledge.
Shift & Schedule:
This position will be based in our Sumner, WA production plant. There are positions available for multiple shifts. The schedules are as follows:
Sunday - Tuesday, alternating Wednesdays from 5am - 5:15pm PST
Thursday - Saturday, alternating Wednesdays from 5am - 5:15pm PST
Sunday - Tuesday, alternating Wednesdays from 5pm - 5:15am PST
Thursday - Saturday, alternating Wednesdays from 5pm - 5:15am PST
Additional flexibility to work potential overtime, including off days and/or weekends, is required as scheduled.
Pay will be determined based upon experience, but the starting pay rate for a Maintenance Technician is
$27.38/hour + shift differential
. Attractive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) is also available.
What you will do:
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical systems on equipment.
- Perform various equipment preventive maintenance tasks (i.e., cleaning, inspection, and lubrication) as necessary, but routinely in cases requiring advanced technical expertise and knowledge of safety procedures (e.g., electrical cabinets, machine interiors, etc.).
- Thoroughly document maintenance activity using the maintenance database, adequately communicate maintenance issues to appropriate employees (e.g., other maintenance techs, operators, engineers, supervisors, etc.), and properly utilize the maintenance inventory system.
- Champion process improvement in assigned areas by analyzing equipment maintenance history, identifying significant causes of waste, coordinating with appropriate employees to develop root-cause solutions, and providing maintenance assistance as necessary.
- Provide Preventative Maintenance support for plant and equipment
- Repair and maintain items necessary to maintain process equipment in “Grade A” condition
- Maintain safe clean work areas and comply with all safety requirements
- Assist in day-to-day support of operators, adjustments, setups, and change over
- Assist maintenance techs as required
- Consistently meets internal/external customer expectations through teamwork, respect, positive and effective communication, and a willingness to help and support others.
- Participate on improvement teams and coordinate with engineers and vendors on special projects
- Responsible to report food safety, quality, and regulatory compliance concerns to management.
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by Keurig Dr Pepper and the department.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
- Must obtain lockout certification and be able to wear OSHA approved safety gear.
- At least 2 years of maintenance experience or equivalent.
- Completion of Industrial Maintenance degree or certificate Preferred.
- Working knowledge of electrical, electronic controls, pneumatics, mechanical, and tooling.
- Advanced mechanical /electrical skills (PLC troubleshooting and Robotics skills) are a bonus
- Ability to read and understand complex instructions, prints, flowchart, block diagram, and schematics are a bonus
- Ability to competently use and understand precision testing and diagnostic equipment are a bonus
- Ability to attend and retain Internal and or External technical training
- Packaging operation and high speed automation experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements and industrial workplace practices.
- Experience using e-mail, job databases and spreadsheets.
- Continuous Process Improvement experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to follow, retain and communicate detailed instructions.
- Ability to follow Keurig Dr Pepper policies and procedures.
- Ability to get along with others, follow instructions and support teammates.
- Arrives on time for start of shift. Punctual for breaks and lunches.
- Positive attitude with ability to work a fast paced environment.
- Strong safety, quality and customer-oriented mindset
- Ability to work within a team to reach a common goal.
- Ability to work independently and self-directed
- Ability to manage time, organize and prioritize work effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Ability to travel within and outside the country, representing KDP Vision and Behaviors
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift 75 pounds frequently with mechanical assistance
- Ability to lift 30 pounds on a regular basis and 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to constantly lift, bend, stretch and stand during entire shift
- Ability to push/pull up to 1.500 pounds using supplied equipment
- Ability to frequently kneel, squat, bend, and stoop, twist, and reach overhead with repetitive motions
- Significant keyboarding/computer work required (25% of the workday).
- Ability to work around (but not limited to) Creosote/Chaff /Coffee/Tea/Powdered-dust.
- Ability to work with power tools, hand tools, and machinery safely.
- Ability to work in confined spaces for prolonged periods in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Ability to work with cleaning solutions and degreasers.
Company Overview & EEO Statement
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you:
Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.
Programmable Logic Controllers
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)