The insurance collections specialist is responsible for collecting for damages to Budget Rent a Car fleet vehicles.
• Review claim files to determine potential coverage and develop collection strategies
• Initiate communication with customers, insurance companies, other parties, attorneys, etc.
• Initiate claims process for ultimate recovery within 90 days
• Maintain accurate account of collections activity and incoming payments
• Evaluate files for outside collection or attorney referral
• Complete monthly reconciliation report using Excel
• Make suggestions for alternative dispute resolution
• Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
• Collection handling experience preferred
• Claims handling experience preferred
• Rental car company experience preferred
• PC literate in Windows and MS Office software
• Excel proficient
• Strong organizational skills with a detail focus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Heavy phone experience
This description is not an all-inclusive description. Specialists may be subject to additional tasks and responsibilities that management deems appropriate.