To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Durham, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Devops Engineer Summer Internship
IQVIA • Durham, NC
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
PURPOSE: This role is an ideal stepping-stone for current college students. This position will provide exposure to and obtain get hands-on experience working with a group of experienced devops engineers on defining infrastructure provisioning automation workflows using Hashicorp tools.
Devops Engineer Intern projects vary, your typical responsibilities and opportunities might include:
- Design and implement composable Terraform modules for reusable infrastructure deployments, including Kubernetes, Mesosphere DC/OS, and Cloudera clusters in public and private clouds
- Evolve large-scale highly distributed systems with semantically versioned Terraform modules
- Create automated tests for Terraform modules
- Combine multiple reusable modules to build an entire end-to-end technology stack
- Document workflow architecture and gain approval from the key stakeholders
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s program – preferably focused in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Great communications skills
- Strong knowledge of programming languages such as Bash and Python
- Strong knowledge of container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of UNIX system internals as well as virtualization technology (VMware vSphere and NSX-T)
- Proficient with git and git workflows to manage source code changes
- Knowledge of Hashicorp products like Terraform, Vault, Packer, and Consul to provision and manage infrastructure
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
QVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1061152