Kforce has a client who is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join their team in Dallas, TX.
The Senior Engineer - Systems Engineering is responsible for the design, development, and integration of highly complex systems within a hybrid hosting environment. This position will play a lead role in the support of mission critical systems, with ownership of every aspect of the systems life cycle, and will work across disciplines to drive growth, stability, scalability, and delivery of key business objectives.
Essential duties, responsibilities & outcomes:
- Senior Systems Engineer leads the day-to-day operational support for server, storage, or network infrastructures
- Builds, patches, tests (check for compatibility issues, conducts QA) and deploys complex systems and platforms meeting clients' needs and specifications
- As a Senior Systems Engineer, you lead in planning and implementing changes to infrastructure with the goal of enhancing performance
- Performs complex storage and server data backup, data migration and disaster recovery operations
- Advanced scripting experience in PowerShell is required to lead extensive automation build and maintenance activity; Additional scripting languages such as JSON and Python are a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; Capable of training users in applications and operating system fundamentals and writing basic documentation and problem-solving skills
- Advanced skill with most server operating system commands/utilities
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Storage (Warehousing)
- Systems Engineering
- Product Quality Assurance
- Disaster Recovery