WCHS-TV is seeking a dynamic Digital Web Producer/Multi-Media Journalist to join one of the largest and strongest newsrooms in West Virginia!
This position is an integral part of a fast-paced newsroom environment. Along with being responsible for getting breaking news and daily stories on wchstv.com and other platforms as timely as possible while serving as a Digital Web Producer, the position also allows the employee to serve as a Multi-Media Journalist 2-3 days a week.
The main day to day responsibilities of the role will include…
The Digital Web Producer will edit, write and manage news stories, photos, videos, live streaming and interactive content for all digital platforms, including wchstv.com, mobile, social media and emerging technologies. The Digital Web Producer will also react to and post breaking news quickly and accurately and will keep in constant communication with the assignment desk and news producers as stories develop.
As a Multi-Media Journalist, your responsibilities will include reporting, shooting and editing news stories, enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, as well as other responsibilities as assigned. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television.
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
- Must be a self-starter
- Have strong writing and editing abilities with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- The ability to meet short deadlines, multitask, and work well under pressure
- Ability to tell memorable and meaningful stories. We value visual and compelling storytelling.
- Ability to demonstrate experience with active and visual live shots
- Sharp news judgment and critical thinking is key
- Knowledge of AP style
- Computer skills
- Strong understanding of web technologies
- Professional-working knowledge of social media platforms and engagement
- The ability to work well independently
- Experience with live shots is preferred
- Experience with Live-U is a plus
- Proficient with non-linear, digital editing and newsroom systems, such as Avid and iNews
- Must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record
- College degree in Digital Media, Journalism or Communications strongly preferred
- 1-2 years of professional experience preferred
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.