To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Victorville, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse, Home Hemo & PD
U.S. Renal Care • Victorville, CA
Posted 1 month ago
The Home Therapy Registered Nurse, as qualified by federal and state regulations, provides patient training and ongoing support for all patients choosing a home dialysis modality. This position is accountable for providing quality care to all patients and is committed to delivering superior customer service in all internal and external interactions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and tasks may be assigned.
- Participate in and support corporate initiatives that promote improved care and increase growth of the home department.
- Understand vendor product delivery methods and associated fees. Teach patients the importance of proper and timely order placement. Ensure patients receive all supplies in timely manner to not disrupt care.
- Ensure clinic and patient supply inventory and usage is appropriate for patient prescriptions and place orders in timely manner to avoid fees and penalties.
- Oversee equipment management including equipment tracking and retrieval.
- Perform duties as assigned to meet the patient care or operational needs of the program.
- Continually seek to improve patient and quality outcomes through tracking and trending of program and patient performance, use of critical thinking skills and root cause analysis to improve patient and quality outcomes. Assist in obtaining data for the continuous quality improvement activities.
- Obtain routine and non-routine laboratory tests as ordered and communicate critical lab values and urgent patient needs to the responsible physician or physician extender in a timely manner.
- Complete and document monthly review of patient medication profiles. Administer medications as ordered by the physician.
- Provide patient education and follow up as needed.
- Assist with program’s target goals for patient outcomes in accordance with quality patient care and Company goals.
- Knowledge of and comply with federal, state, local laws and regulations, including health care professionals practice act requirements as they pertain to home dialysis program and patient care requirements.
- Perform duties at all times within limitations established by and in accordance with company policy and procedures, applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Train patient (and/or care partner) in the practice of self-care Peritoneal Dialysis or Hemodialysis upon meeting federal and state regulations governing Registered Nurse qualifications.
- Conduct home visits to assess the patient’s home environment per policy; initially and minimally annually thereafter. Routinely evaluate patient performance and assess the home environment more frequently as needed to improve care.
- Document all nursing services in the Electronic Medical Record including but not limited to training sessions, routine and non-routine in-person interactions, and phone conversations. Documentation should accurately reflect the patient status and nursing interventions and be written to ensure continuity of care.
- Develop and implement the patient plan of care with the interdisciplinary team.
- Participate in infection control monitoring, implementation, and recording as requested.
- Use personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Be familiar with emergency equipment and all emergency operational procedures. Communicate and regularly review Emergency Preparedness procedures with all home patients, including but not limited to emergency disconnection from dialysis equipment, what to do and who to contact if displaced from home.
- Communicate on-call system to patients and ensure patients have access to nursing support at all times. Teach patients the importance of timely communication.
- Responsible for performing on call nursing services, nights and weekends, on a rotational basis as needed or assigned.
- Flexible with staffing locations and hours to accommodate patient and USRC home program needs.
Regular and reliable attendance is required for the position.
Home Hemodialysis Only:
- Coordinate home evaluation with technical services department to ensure that the necessary electrical, plumbing and drainage requirements for proper equipment operation are met prior to patient acceptance into home program.
- Ensure required and appropriate water sampling is complete per policy and product requirements. Monitor and report water sample and culture results.
- Communicate results of patient assessment, reassessment, and ongoing monitoring to the physician, team members, and others as appropriate to the individual needs of the patient.
- Maintain a positive/collaborative working relationship with physicians, state agencies and the community.
- Actively promote GUEST customer service standards; develop effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Respond effectively to inquiries or concerns.
- Participate in staff meetings as required. Attend in-service and continuing education offerings in compliance with company policy and procedure.
- May delegate tasks to competent licensed and unlicensed staff per applicable state practice act.
- Assist with staff training as requested.
- Lead staff in team concepts and promote a team effort.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Current RN license in applicable state. License must be maintained as current and in good standing.
- 12 months or more current nursing experience preferred; 3 months or more home modality experience preferred.
- Previous experience in providing nursing care to patients on maintenance dialysis preferred.
- CPR certification required prior to patient care assignment.
- Confirmation of ability to distinguish all primary colors.
- Must successfully complete the Home Therapy Nurse Orientation program and maintain annual demonstration of skills and competency applicable for the modality assigned.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the English language and ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must have basic computer skills; proficiency in all USRC clinical applications required within 90 days of hire.
- Must meet any practice requirement(s) for the applicable state.
- Ability to meet minimum hiring standards which may include additional background clearances and orientation requirements if applicable to the program assigned to for employment.
PRIOR TO PROVIDING INDEPENDENT SELF-CARE PATIENT TRAINING: The Registered Nurse must have at least 12 months of clinical experience in providing nursing care and 3 months of experience in the specific modality for which the nurse will provide self-care training, except in states with a more stringent requirement such as Texas, which requires at least 6 months experience in home dialysis prior to training a patient in home modality.
U.S. Renal Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.