Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Located about 9 miles from Augusta, GA, Beech Island is an unincorporated community in Aiken County, South Carolina. According to tradition, the community was first named 'Beech Highland' on account of its lofty elevation, and over time the H was dropped, causing the present name to be adopted.The plant is actually in Jackson, SC and is about 10 miles from the famous Augusta National Golf Course, home to the Masters Tournament.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call
or email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Production Supervisor - Night Shift
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Unit Manager, the Production Supervisor is responsible for directing the activities of shift production personnel in a safe and efficient manner for the desired quality and quantity of work. Ensures compliance with all safety, GMP and company procedures.
- Manage, direct and coordinate all activities related to a production shift to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining quality.
- Typically supervises 50 – 60 hourly employees.
- Coordinates with Scheduler to ensure daily production requirements are achieved.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities including interviewing, hiring & training employees; planning, assigning & directing work; appraising performance; rewarding & disciplining employees; addressing complaints & resolving problems
- Ensure all production data is gathered and reported correctly on a daily basis.
- Support & improve upon Quality initiatives designed to meet plant goals.
- Ensures safety programs are implemented effectively, reviewed regularly and revised as necessary.
- Execute said duties to maintain compliance with stated product safety/GMP, legal, regulatory and quality systems requirements.
- High school diploma required, BA/BS preferred,
- Minimum 2+ years of manufacturing experience required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal & interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to work well in group situations
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict in mature & consistent manner
- SAP experience preferred.
- Basic Microsoft skills (outlook, power point, word, etc)
- Must have acceptable work and attendance record:
- Have not received a Step 2 disciplinary action in the last 12 months
- No more than 5 absences (incidents) in the past 12 months rolling period
- Microsoft Skills
- Microsoft Power Point
- Microsoft Outlook