Cloud System Engineer
*US Citizenship Required*
Responsible for the implementation, deployment, installation, provisioning, troubleshooting, and oversight for Azure cloud infrastructure and related cloud services. Collaborates with cross functional teams for the deployment and ongoing support of cloud services and supporting legacy infrastructure for our clients.
- Build and deploy new cloud-based computing services for clients and deliver timely and effective provisioning of new hosts.
- Support cloud management services: Identity and Access Management, Security Groups, and CSP native services.
- Resolves complex issues related to infrastructure deployments; coordinates and communicates changes and issues with stakeholders and team members and determines root cause.
- Participate in high-level technical discussions and transform initiatives into comprehensive technical requirements.
- Reviews operational requirements with project teams, management and client services groups for deployment and ongoing support.
- Develops documentation for best practices as it relates to server infrastructure and cloud computing operational experience.
- Serves as a liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Support the planning of potential new cloud services, features, and capabilities.
- Legacy PKI / Certificate O&M
- Must be able to articulate general layout of PKI infrastructure during engineering discussions to include being able to login to the environment and conduct discovery to understand and to communicate characteristics.
- Support engineering duties to communicate, sign, and act as a SME for internal PKI certificate signing and/or our 3rd party Entrust PKI authority.
- Ability to support routine PKI maintenance to include reissuing CRLs when they are set to expire.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- CSP Associate level cloud certification/s in either AWS, Microsoft Azure (preferred), OCI, Google Cloud.
- Professional level certification a plus
Relevant Work Experience:
- 5+ years of IT experience with a combination of:
o 1-2 years in cloud engineering, working in one or more cloud vendor platforms (Microsoft Azure preferred) to include:
- Azure implementation (IaaS, PaaS, Enterprise-scale Landing Zone, etc.)
- Azure administration (Permissions, policy, security, cost management)
- Additional helpful experience to include:
- Azure DevOps
- Azure Identity
o 3+ years' experience debugging Microsoft Windows or Linux based operating systems in an administrative/support/engineering capacity to include:
- Windows endpoint administration (SCCM/Endpoint Manager, Intune, antivirus)
- General networking (Firewall, load balancing, routers, switches, etc.)
- Issue analysis and resolution
- Documentation (Network diagrams, detailed designs, user guides, etc.)
- Additional helpful experience to include:
- Windows Certificate Server and general PKI
- M365 administration, including AD Sync, B2B, conditional access, Intune MDM, etc.
- Project management
Other Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Fundamental knowledge of Identity Access Management and Shared Security responsibilities.
- Broad understanding of backup and/or storage principles, theories, and concepts within the cloud environments.
- Broad understanding of Azure B2B to support cross organizations connectivity for collaboration.
- Hands-on experience supporting enterprise server, backup and/or storage solutions within the cloud environments.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Broad troubleshooting knowledge to include the areas of storage, backups, server operating systems and networks.
- Knowledge of cloud service providers.
- Cloud command line scripting skills
- Documentation skills to include creating and updating detailed environment design, installation, and support documentation.
- Outstanding communication, project & priority management, and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of information life-cycle management concepts and best practices.
- Understanding of Microsoft Intune for mobility maintenance and architecture to include renewing of apple certificates and routine cleanup due to changes in the IOS device portfolio and infrastructure. Also provide configuration and security policy guidance/ assistance for Intune management.
- Amazon Web Services
- Antivirus Softwares