If interested, please send your resume to Amber Smigielski. Her email is Email blocked - click to apply
Apex Systems has an opening in Washington, DC supporting DHS Homeland Security! We are looking to hire Jr Technicians with a year of IT Technical experience and have them join our growing team. Candidates will need to be eligible for a DHS Public Trust clearance; this requires US Citizenship, clean background and credit.
If you are interested in applying, please follow up with an updated resume and a good time and number to be contacted on!
Title: Desktop Technical Support
Location: Washington, DC
Near Union Station Metro
- EOD - DHS Public Trust clearance; this requires US Citizenship, clean background and credit
- 2+ years of IT experience or a B.S/A.S degree
This position provides an opportunity to support vital functions for Homeland Security, supporting programs managing our nation’s fundamental foreign person processing services. These functions and processes include employment authorization, asylum, resident alien processing, and citizenship naturalization, and the successful candidates will help them provide information technology (IT), expertise, and the support services necessary to enable DHS to deliver effective, efficient, and secure immigration services and products. Employees work closely with DHS personnel to deliver high end service solutions that allow them to maintain mission continuity. The selected candidates will work with high performance collaborative teams to deliver best-in-class services and solutions in technical support, systems refresh, software integration, and operations support to clients in CONUS and OCONUS locations.
The Jr candidate will provide user support at remote locations on assigned open tickets and work in collaboration with the Service Desk. The Techncial Support is responsible for resolving customer affecting technical issues in a timely fashion in order to maintain customer satisfactions. The Tech installs, troubleshoots and maintains an extensive variety of products and equipment.
Deskside Support which includes:
- Provide on-site support for deployment and security remediation functions
- Gather analyze, and report end-user support trends
- Analysis, testing and modification of computer hardware systems and software based on consultations with users and system design specifications
- Updating registry values, installing/configuring/updating computer operating systems
- Utilizing remote management to diagnose/modify update computer programs/software and computer systems
- Provide desktop, application and network application incident resolution
- Manage user installation and relocations requests
- Asset Inventory Support
- Assist users with mobile communication devices (mobile phones, broadband cards, Blackberrys, and laptops) with incident support tickets
- Provide Tier 1-2 support in the field which includes hardware troubleshooting and OS re- install
- Support pre/post application releases
- Identify and resolve hardware incidents and service requests of a consumable part
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Nice (Unix Utility)