To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Medical Assistant Req #: R0252184
Eisenhower Health • Rancho Mirage, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Experience - 1 years
Degree - High School
Other Great Industries
Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
- The position is responsible for coordinating the care of the patient from escorting patient to exam room, performing vital signs, and preparing patient for exam and discharge.
- Clinical Office Practice Manager
Ages of Patients
Blood Borne Pathogens
- High Potential
- Preferred: High School Diploma or GED
- Required: Medical Assistant Course, American Heart Association BLS
- Preferred: Medical Assistant Certificate
- Preferred: 1 year of office practice experience.
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Prepares patient EMR timely and accurately.
- Gathers reports to complete EMR.
- Places order for films, labs and other studies as appropriate.
- Prints daily office schedules
- Answers all patient questions and requests timely and appropriately.
- Tracks patient lab reports, referrals, studies and tests to ensure timely completion. Records information in patient log tracking system. Assures that physicians are notified of results.
- Faxes and copies necessary information to insurance companies, other physician offices and other facilities as necessary.
- Ensures completeness and accuracy of all forms filled and signed by patients
- Responds to patient pharmacy requests in collaboration with physicians.
- Answers phones, retrieves voicemail messages and returns calls timely and appropriately.
- Assists patients to exam/procedure rooms; obtains medical and social history, vital signs, height and weight, allergy information, medication reconciliation information and records data in EMR.
- Processes patient referrals to other physician offices.
- Assists physicians so that appropriate preparation, examination and diagnostic testing occur without error and without delay.
- Ensures patient information is correctly entered in the database.
- Assists with the release of patient records and films to patients.
- Assists physicians as needed with patient exams and procedures.
- Obtains physician signatures on appropriate documents.
- Assists with medical and office supplies ordering.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job ID: 107580