This position is at a Secure Government Facility in McLean.
Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Must be vaccinated for COVID19.
This is a Monday through Friday position with all federal Holidays off!
Restaurant or hotel experience is a plus.
Service Contract Act (SCA) Cook II Lead may work in any type of food location on client premises. This individual provides oversight at the direction of management on site to coordinate routine work activities of SCA Cook II and lower-level service employees engaged in food operations. This individual will provide support to management in the daily oversight of key functions and employees during the normal course of business.
Prepares in large quantities, by various methods of cooking, meat, poultry, fish, vegetables, seasons and cooks all cuts of various meats, fish and poultry, boils, steams or fries vegetables, makes gravies, soups, sauces, roasts, meat pies, fricassees, casseroles, and stews.
- Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the facility for all employees.
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day activities of subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or functional activities as directed by on-site management.
- Responsible for orientation and training of employees.
- Performs day-to-day assignments in addition to oversight duties.
- Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service, and problem resolution.
- Promotes the development of the foodservice team.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as assigned.
- Maintains key control of operations and responsible for activities to ensure opening, closing and daily procedures are completed.
- Serves as a working lead supervisor coordinating activities of workers or service employees engaged in food operations or services at larger complex facilities.
- Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short and broader preparation time.
- May produce food and serve customers at an a la carte station or may operate a grill station.
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
- Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food requested by customer, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Always provides the highest quality of service to customers.
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments.
- Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use.
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
- May clean and sanitize workstations and equipment and must follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Produces small to large batch goods using advanced and full range of classical cooking techniques.
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- Intermediate to advanced knife skills required.
- May perform and receive applicable compensation per SCA regulations for other job duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 2 or more years related work experience.
- Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling procedures preferred.
- Must be able to coordinate the routine responsibilities of staff and resources.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all co-workers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push, and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally, work is performed in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat from grill and oven and other kitchen equipment, and cold from refrigerators and freezers, and may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).
- Diseases And Disorders
- Food Safety
- Knife Skills