To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbus, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Director- Sears Franchise Businesses
Sears Home Services • Columbus, OH
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Sr. Director, Sears Home & Business Franchises (SH&BF) will be responsible for strategic planning and tactical execution of all Brand and Marketing efforts across the Franchise services portfolio (Carpet & Tile Cleaning, Air Duct Cleaning, Garage Solutions, Maid Services and Handyman Services). The primary focus of this role will be demand generation growth serving more than 140 Franchise Owners nationwide. The position will also be responsible for enhancing the brand's positioning, equity, content, creative execution, along with media mix optimization, and web channel performance with a laser-like focus on improving the bottom line. Success in this role will require building, leading and coaching teams; strategic vision and execution; excellent communication and relationship building skills. This position will report to the DVP for Sears Home Services.
* Brand & Marketing Stewardship - Serve as a passionate steward, advocate, evangelist and protector of the Sears Home Services brand and its marketplace positioning. As needed, champion an ongoing renewal and refinement of the SH&BF services positioning. Ensure SH&BF communications align to the Sears Home Services master-brand architecture. Educate, support and evaluate all Franchise Owner local marketing assets to ensure brand consistency.
* Focus on the Franchise Owner - The Franchise Owner is our primary customer. The CMO must be exceptional at communication, relationship building and service aiding the demand growth of our 140+ Franchise Owners. The CMO will establish a Marketing Advisory Council (key Owners as members) to improve Marketing communication, priority alignment, and marketing trials. The CMO designs and facilitates initial new franchise owner's Marketing training, provides initial and on-going Marketing consultation and guidance and implements franchise advertising co-ops as required.
* Drive Awareness, Consideration and Traffic - The Marketing team will use an arsenal of media assets to profitably drive customers to one of our franchise websites or telesales channels. To drive awareness, consideration, leads and traffic, the CMO will oversee the full range of tactical Marketing sources including Paid Search, Display, Retargeting, Affiliates, SEO, Content, Lead Aggregators, Email, Social Media, Print, Local Media, Events, PR and Owned Assets. These tools will be used to deliver brand and corporate messages, brand images, promotions, and a wide range of creative content, all working together in an integrated fashion.
Job Duties/Responsibilities (cont.):
* Drive Social Engagement - Lead all Social Media efforts for SH&FB, with the core objective of shaping and managing brand reputation (both the corporate brand, and all product brands), and driving traffic to a variety of websites and landing pages. The goal is to create or leverage interactive platforms through which individuals and communities share, create, discuss, endorse, and transact. This includes Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Yelp, Home Related Blogs, and other Social outlets and experts. The Marketing team will also generate exciting, edgy, breakthrough content that gets attention in the Digisphere. This includes editorial content for bloggers, content for the website, and web videos.
* Rebuild & Own Web Channels- Working very closely with DVP Marketing, Sr. Director, Web & UX, IT and Development, BU Executives, external agency partners, and technology platform suppliers - the CMO will "own" the strategy and vision of rebuilding our SH&BF product websites. This will also include integration with a new salesforce operations & logistics engine and a new CMS platform. Ongoing management of offers, content and performance tracking.
* Integrate Marketing Experience - Liaisons with Sears Home Services group (i.e., Home Improvement, Appliance Repair, PartsDirect, etc) and Full-line Stores (i.e.,Hardware, Home Appliances, Floor Care) to develop and implement cross-sell integration programs to increase awareness and sales for SH&BF services. Focus on the customer improving their buying and service experience, growing share of wallet through repeat/subscription purchases and loyalty.
* Deliver Revenue & Margin - Work closely with SH&BF CFO and colleagues to forecast and deliver the quarterly and annual financial forecast (revenue and contribution margin) for the Franchise verticals. This financial delivery requires developing an integrated plan that requires new business pursuits, expanding business performance within existing assets, and seeks opportunities to enhance profitability throughout delivery.
* Manage Budgets and Agencies - Working with the DVP of Marketing and SH&FB BU leadership this person will establish and manage annual Marketing operating and capital budgets, and will work closely with other Sears Home Services functions to ensure delivery of the forecast. They will also be the principal liaison with all external suppliers and agencies, which will require constantly pushing for "best-in-class" solutions and value-based vendor pricing.
* Build a World Class Franchise Marketing Team - There are adequate Marketing assets currently in-place at SH&BF in terms of systems, technologies, tools, and staff. The company is becoming more aggressive about investing in the level and quality of infrastructure required to propel SH&BF into a leading position. This new Marketing leader will need to be deeply committed to building out this functional capability, with talent, systems, and a variety of external partners (Digital agencies, Technology partners).
* Strong background (5+ years)in Franchise Marketing experience required
* Experience in brand development, social media marketing and web channel marketing
* Strong Strategy and Marketing toolkit
* Highly collaborative, able to work effectively across departments, levels and with Franchise Owners
* Leadership through influence
* Thought leadership, vision, prioritization and focus
* An analytic, strategic and curious mind
* Superior Verbal and Written communication skills
* High personal accountability
* Passion for Problem Solving
* Executive presence
Education Experience: Bachelor's Level Degree
Years of Related Experience: Over 10 Years
Travel Requirements: 25%
Age Requirement: 18+