Cook Full Time Day AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
- FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
Full Time Day
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Determines types and quantities of meats, vegetables and soups to be prepared by reviewing planned menus.
- Ensures meals are ready at specified times.
- Consults with Executive Chef regarding use of left-overs.
- Consults Clinical Nutrition Manager on modified diets, as necessary.
- Supervises Nutritional workers when washing, trimming or preparing food.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to approved recipes using blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, etc
- Makes sauces, soups, stews, casseroles and desserts meeting established dietary guidelines.
- Cooks meat, fish and fowl in a variety of ways such as baking, roasting, broiling and steaming.
- Carves meat, fish and fowl into individual servings according to menu combinations and patient diet orders.
- Tests foods being cooked to ensure doneness. Adjusts heat controls as necessary.
- Improves flavor and texture of food by adding ingredients or seasonings.
- Observes infection control practices at all times.
- Maintains kitchen in a clean, neat and organized manner.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- General knowledge of recipe execution and adherence is required along with sanitary work procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Past experience in healthcare food service
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Chef, the cook will prepare, season and cook food for hospital patients, staff and visitors.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.