Apex Systems is looking for a Technical Customer Support Technician. This position requires U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain/maintain a public trust. If interested, please send your resume to Rachel Jones at Email blocked - click to apply
- Provides phone support in compliance with established policies and procedures in order to attain contractual Service Level Agreement (SLA) metrics.
- Diagnoses internal and external inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of the client's desktop and universal laptop computers and the client's customized applications/systems.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support to the client's internal and external users/customers.
- Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems; investigate root cause analyses; and recommend solutions using Remedy 7.6 IT Service Management Suite.
- Provides troubleshooting and support for over 200 customized applications supporting over 10;000 users.
- Assists in the administration of remote user workstations and resolution of remote connectivity issues; as needed.
- Provides help-desk and email support for local and off-site users.
- Maintains current knowledge of the Windows 7 desktop environment; networking; access technologies; and applications supporting the client's users.
- Installs; configures; and upgrades computer hardware and software; as needed.
- Participates in special projects; as needed.
Other Pertinent Information:
Location: Alexandria, VA (must be in-person/onsite. NO potential for remote work)
Work Schedule: Work shift hours range from 5:30am-midnight depending upon which shifts are available at the time of the in-person interview and may include working one or two weekend days.
Interview Format: Technical phone interview first and if passes, then in-person interview.
Key Requirement: Associate’s Degree in Computer Science/IT or related field plus 2 years of full-time work experience, at least 1 year of which must be supporting IT. In lieu of the A.S. degree, a candidate must have 4 full years of full-time work experience, at least 3 years of which must be supporting IT.
Associate’s Degree in Computer Science/IT or related field plus 2 years of full-time work experience, at least 1 year of which must be supporting IT. In lieu of the A.S. degree, a candidate must have 4 full years of full-time work experience, at least 3 years of which must be supporting IT.
- 1-3 YEARS of directly related experience supporting HELP DESK operations; preferably supporting a large-scale government customer. Experience providing technical support for microcomputer hardware; networks; account administration; and office automation software via telephone; as appropriate
- Must possess basic skills to support configuration and troubleshooting of MS Windows
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust after starting work which involves a stringent background investigation by the customer to reveal all arrests within the last 10 years; even if dismissed. Credit check will also reveal all financial issues; which will need to be explained; and if payment is outstanding; will need to be made current in order to continue employment under this contract.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Complex Problem Solving