There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group is seeking talented individuals for our Per Diem OB Home Care RN opportunities. We are delivering services across the entire continuum of maternal-newborn care. Our elite team of OB Nurses is growing and we want YOU to join this dynamic and exciting group. Enjoy a flexible PRN opportunity while providing compassionate care to high-risk moms in-home and telephonically.
If you are located in Northern San Diego, Escondido or Southern Orange County, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide skilled nursing care for expectant mothers in the home care environment
- Travel to provide in - home patient care and continuous education to patients and family members
- Continually assess the mothers’ condition to ensure they are safe in the home environment
- Modify the plan of care, as appropriate, based upon reassessment, change in prescriber orders, the patient’s need for further care or services and the achievement of identified goals
- Establish trust and build long term relationships with expectant mothers
- Provide clinical support to key physicians / hospitals upon request
- Flexible work schedule
- Mileage reimbursement
- Competitive compensation
- Focus on one-on-one patient teaching
- Being able to support our moms at a very difficult time in their lives
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- RN required in the State of California (must be active and unrestricted)
- 1+ years of labor and delivery or obstetrical nursing experience (high risk perinatal, antepartum)
- Ability to utilize Windows 7 programs to include Word, Email and Internet
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Home care experience
- 3+ years of experience in labor and delivery or obstetrical nursing (high risk perinatal, antepartum)
- IV infusion capability
- Home visit experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Per Diem, Home Visit, OB, OB Nurse, High Risk, expectant mothers, Home Care, L & D, Labor and Delivery, Perinatal, Antepartum, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, San Diego, Spring Valley, Escondido, Southern Orange County, CA, California