Lorien Mt. Airy currently has FT and PRN opportunities in our EVS department. We are looking for dynamic professionals to join our team. If you take pride in your work and want to be a part of our incredible EVS team, we would love to discuss this opportunity with you.
Our EVS team helps create a clean, safe, warm, and inviting environment for residents. We are a recognized leader in health care across Maryland and are known for providing a family-focused atmosphere for both our employees and our residents. This is a great opportunity to use your skills and talents to help improve the quality of life for others.
As an EVS team member, you will perform any combination of light cleaning duties to maintain resident’s rooms and common areas of the healthcare facility. You will be responsible for ensuring cleaning schedules are followed, coordinating daily housekeeping services with nursing services, and adhering to sanitary/safety rules and regulations.
• Carrying linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts
• Disinfecting equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers
• Cleaning rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and other areas so that health standards are met
• Emptying wastebaskets, emptying and cleaning ashtrays, and transporting other trash and waste to disposal areas
• Observing precautions required to protect resident property and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors
• Replenishing supplies, such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items
• Cleaning rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies, using vacuum cleaners and shampooers
• Dusting and polishing furniture and equipment
• Keeping storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy
• Washing windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary