The IT Liaison is tasked with observing, auditing and providing unbiased feedback of IT procedures, projects and staff to ensure customers are provided with quality services and department standards are being met. The position assists in the development of relevant metrics, processes and procedures and reports on staff and equipment performance on a routine basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Act as the liaison between state teams and national IT group to ensure quality of services and meeting customer needs
* Works with state and regional IT Managers to evaluate services and implement improvements
* Observe and audit existing procedures, projects, and staff; Compare observations to established IT standards
* Gather and report on equipment and service performance
* Interview stakeholders and review customer surveys and comments to determine gaps in service
* Assist in the development of relevant metrics for performance, including SLA, system availability, etc.
* Assist in the development of standard IT-related processes and procedures
* Provide findings of observations and audits to appropriate personnel for corrective action and/or improvements in service
* Provide routine compliance check report card to appropriate stakeholders
* Identify best practices and provide to appropriate supervisor(s)
* Work with departments and stakeholder groups in assessing, implementing, and responding to customer IT needs
* Ensure IT processes and policies are well documented, up to date, and available to those that need them
* Assist in ensuring successful deployment of IT projects including hardware, software, services, and policies
* Ensure adherence to proper safety procedures
* Follow applicable federal, state and local laws, and company policies
MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and the mission of the company; supports company's goals and strategic priorities.
* Works and interacts with staff and relates to individuals at all levels of the organization; As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
* Demonstrates ability to impartially evaluate processes, results, and staff performance.
* Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
* Ability to consistently be at work, to arrive on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
* Possesses a strong customer orientation.
* Establishes excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; demonstrates high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
* Performs well as both a team member and an individual player
* Strong track record for analyzing complex problems/issues, identifying patterns, and recommending creative solutions.
* Proactive and takes initiative. Thinks creatively. Drives projects to completion. Insists on highest level of quality.
* Travel within and outside the state as needed.
* 5+ years of experience and or training in information technology field, with strong preference of a K-12 environment
* Understanding networking, hardware, software, and services requirements to support remote locations.
* Proficiency in common business software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other relevant software.
* Experience developing standardized processes and procedures and analyzing for potential improvements.
* Experience developing and measuring performance metrics.
* ITIL experience and certification preferred.
* Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution. Preferred degree majors include computer science, management information systems, business or personnel administration, or a related field.
* Commitment to company values.
* Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter:
* Usual office working conditions.
* No physical exertion required.
* Travel within or outside of state.
* Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA's policy.
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Charter Schools USA-CSUSA
- Business Informatics
- Business Software
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)