To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Nashville, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. ETL Developer
Broadcast Music, Inc. • Nashville, TN
Posted 1 month ago
POSITION SUMMARY: Leads design, development, and execution of formal Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) and ELT processes. Determines innovative processes to efficiently, rapidly, and securely acquire, integrate, and provision large sets of data from and to thousands of providers around the world. Mentors others and acts as subject matter expert for ETL principles and process. Represents the highest level of knowledge and expertise for ETL technologies within BMI Information Services Group.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Provides technical leadership, guidance and direction to other team members.
- Provides leadership during the development and enhancement of the enterprise’s production applications including; working with applications, technical support and operations during the design, development and implementation of applications
- Responsible for the efficient, accurate, and secure acquisition, integration, provision, and exchange of the enterprise data
- Recommend and develop ETL technical specifications
- Develops and documents technical best practices for ETL-related activities including data movement, data aggregation, data quality, and data cleansing
- Integrates ETL development with existing codebase to maximize object reuse
- Creates, executes, and documents unit test plans for ETL and data integration processes and programs
- Documents ETL processes, programs and solutions as per established standards
- Performs tasks required to conform to the company’s configuration management and software release processes
- Monitors and administers automated and manual data integration and ETL jobs to verify execution and measure performance
- Works with internal team and external partners to quickly identify and resolve data integration and ETL job issues
- Assesses and documents the structure, quality, and compliance of data source data and coordinates with business and technology staff to identify and resolve issues
- Leads training plans for technical support and applications staff
- Regular attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics. Equivalent work experience as a senior ETL developer in an enterprise business environment may be considered
- Minimum six years’ experience designing, developing, testing, and implementing ETL solutions using enterprise ETL tools (experience with SSIS is required)
- Minimum six years’ experience developing and implementing data integration and DW solutions in a SQL Server database environment (experience with Netezza, DB2, and an Oracle 11g/12g is a plus)
- Minimum two years’ experience working with high volume data exchange and transaction processing systems, preferably in a custom software development environment
- Minimum two years experience integrating large (100M+ rows) structured and unstructured data in multiple formats, character sets, and delivery methods
- Minimum one year experience in 10+ TB data environment
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency estimating work assignments and delivering to these estimates
- Expertise in RDBMS, data mart and data warehouse utilization
- Knowledge of data modeling, MDM, and BI is preferred
- Expert-level SQL development skills are required.
- Strong understanding of SDLC and Agile Methodologies
- Strong understanding of model-driven development
- Strong understanding of ETL best practices
- Expertise and hands-on experience with design and development best practices
- Expertise in working with technical and business teams to extract and document data integration/exchange requirements
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines with minimal supervision
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability.