Looking for a Shipping Clerk to join our team in the City of Foothill Ranch $18-$20/hr.
This is a full-time position, and days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Some overtime may be required during busy seasons.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives daily reports of sales order requirements for the day and future through the ERP system.
- Working with Manager and Supervisor in Lead’s absence to accomplish tasks and ensure adherence to processes and work activities.
- Collects shipping data and creates reports for departmental metrics.
- Accurately prepares and prints shipping documents and labels necessary for daily shipments.
- Directs Shipping Leads for timely preparation of orders. Alerts Leads of urgent orders when necessary.
- When needed, annotates clarifying remarks on sales order documents / pick tickets.
- Coordinates orders with Customer Care representatives to adjust, as necessary.
- Assists in trouble shooting and resolving shipping issues with customers, carriers, and drivers. Escalates complex, unusual or any issue that may contain liability issues.
- Maintains good workflow and a positive work environment within the office.
- Provides hands on training to less experienced staff members.
- Helps establish and document SOP’s.
- Maintains communications with Leads for orders and shipping requirements.
- Trains and thoroughly familiarizes self in the upcoming new ERP system (D3FO) and provides constructive feedback to Manager regarding changes, adjustments, and standardization processes.
- Assists in scheduling most cost-effective freight carriers for daily pickups.
- Works within the current Warehouse Management System (WMS) to confirm product availability, order status and tracks order progress.
- Communicates with other departments (Production, Trap Blister, QC, Marketing, etc.) as necessary regarding product requirements.
- Brings to the attention of lead/supervisor any process issues.
- Ensures the highest level of accuracy and customer satisfaction by providing excellent service.
- Follows instructions; responds to management direction.
- Shows a willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment and work independently.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Problem Solving