What Makes Honda The Best?
Are you an innovator? Honda’s core values are what make our company unique.
- Dreams: The Power of Dreams mentality drives our team to create intelligent products that enhance mobility and increase the joy in people’s lives.
- Joy and Passion: The joy we experience at Honda is fueled by our dreams and passion.
- Challenging Spirit: Honda’s challenging spirit pushes us to set and reach ambitious goals. Honda is voluntarily reducing 50% of carbon dioxide emissions in our products by 2050 and developing technology to reduce the number of collisions to zero by 2040.
- Respect for the individual: This core value pushes our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively on a team.
If your goals and values are at the same speed as Honda’s, we want you to join our team!About this position:
The Electrical Design role provides high quality, reasonably priced, on-time hardware, software, and safety designs to ensure new model and new technology introduction in all North American manufacturing facilities.
Hardware design includes the gathering of data from internal and external resources to gain a thorough understanding of the machine concept, control, and operational requirements ensuring effective decisions are made from a Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety viewpoint. Proper reference and understanding of current electrical and safety code is required to ensure compliance.
Software design includes creating all necessary design and modifications based on machine requirements with deference to maintainability. Simple, flexible, and robust software is required. Software design should include proper error handling and alarm reporting to facilitate efficient equipment protection and repair.
Safety design includes a thorough understanding of the impact of any proposed changes to the equipment and the potential impact to the equipment safety. Analysis of current equipment safety is required and any deficiencies must be addressed with the manufacturing plant. Proper reference and understanding of current electrical and safety code is required to ensure compliance.
Installation support includes equipment startup, testing, and debug. This may include answering questions from internal and external customers regarding the hardware, software, and safety designs. The ability to make correct decisions based on actual equipment conditions is required to guarantee EGA’s success. This support may also include making corrections or additions to the original design, both hardware and software, based on the actual condition experienced onsite during equipment commissioningYour Responsibilities:
What you need to be successful in the role:
- Work in a team atmosphere to create/modify automated production equipment.Determine equipment electrical hardware requirements and appropriate design.
- Determine equipment PLC software/HMI requirements and appropriate design.
- Meet equipment safety needs for Control Engineering.
- Support equipment Debug/Install in the manufacturing dept.
- Create and Follow Electrical Design schedule, from Specification Concept to System Up completion, while keeping to an Overall Project schedule.
- Work within a team of Electrical Designers, keep to company standards, participate and willing to be reviewed by internal peers.
- Perform AC and DC power requirement calculations.
- Design/Layout control panels.
- Design cable assembly drawings.
- Utilize AutoCAD and various PLC/HMI software packages.
- Modify/create PLC ladder logic.
- Modify/create hardware schematics.
- Modify/create I/O schematics.
- MUSTS: Strong customer focus. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Flexible attitude. Flexible work schedule as projects requires. Detailed oriented focus. Multi-tasking capabilities.
Required Work Experience:
- WANTS: Knowledge of equipment safety regulations. Knowledge of NEC/NFPA 79 standards. Servo position control experience. Robotic integration experience. Field I/O networking experience. Project management capabilities. Basic background in automated equipment electrical hardware/software design. Knowledge of PLC and HMI hardware and software functions
- A minimum of five years of experience in electrical controls design is required
A few other important details:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related Electrical discipline. Equivalent related experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
We care about our associates and their wellbeing. We offer a wide range of benefits including:
- 75% Office environment - Design.
- 25% Manufacturing floor - Debug/Install.
- Must be willing to conduct physical confirmations in the manufacturing environment and conduct testing/debug on the manufacturing floor and/or at vendor sites
- 10% travel (domestic & international) is required
- Competitive total compensation
- 401k Plan with company contributions
- Flexible and valuable insurance plans
- Relocation assistance (if eligible)
- Onsite automobile service center and wellness center
- Development to further your career
- Discount on Honda products
- Paid time off and paid holidays
Computer Aided Design
Computer Aided Manufacturing