At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Tough challenges? We know a thing or two about those. When you're on a mission to help people live healthier lives, the stakes couldn't be higher. As a Sales Strategy Associate, you will help rewrite the future of the health care system. You'll analyze data and deliver bold, business-savvy ideas to impact the lives of millions. Along with ground-breaking challenge, you'll have the support and resources of a Fortune 5 company. Join us.
Serving one in five Medicare beneficiaries, UnitedHealthcare’s Medicare and Retirement is the largest business dedicated to the health and well-being needs of seniors and other Medicare beneficiaries. For more than three decades, UnitedHealthcare has served the health care coverage needs of Medicare beneficiaries, navigating through multiple evolutions of the Medicare program and growing to become the preferred choice of more beneficiaries than any other company. Today we remain committed to providing consumers with a choice of innovative health and well-being solutions that help them access the quality care they need and enjoy the superior experience they deserve.
The role of Sales Strategy associate will help support the strategic development and direction of a next generation, omni-channel distribution platform that aligns to a changing industry landscape and is tailored to the evolving needs of both consumers and the agents selling our products. Sitting within the Sales Strategy and Experience team, this role will work across our Sales and Distribution team to help refine and implement our strategies and optimize performance across all sales channels. As the Sales Strategy Associate, you will be responsible for supporting the development and execution of various strategies and support annual planning processes. You will have the autonomy to create, the opportunity to build cross-functional relationships, and the chance to help shape how we manage one of the largest distribution platforms in industry.
If you are located in Minnetonka, MN, you will have the flexibility to work remotely*, as well as work in the office as you take on some tough challenges. Must be in commutable distance of Minnetonka, MN area
- Work across senior sales leaders to support the development of annual strategic planning activities across all sales and distribution channels
- Identify opportunities to transform sales and distribution strategies through data, analytics, observations and insights
- Drive the implementation of ad hoc strategic projects to help accelerate our growth and achieve our priorities and objectives across the sales organization
- Develop and manage detailed project plans to execute business objectives
- Lead sessions with project stakeholders and subject matter experts to define goals, identify required capabilities, map out processes, determine solutions, set key milestones and associated tasks, and assess risks and opportunities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- 4+ years of experience in corporate strategy, business development or project management
- 4+ years of professional experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- 2+ years of healthcare experience
- 1+ years of experience prior experience developing executive level reporting/presentations
- Experience analyzing data, identifying actionable insights and communicating results
- Experience with financial or operational analysis
- Solid history of quickly gaining credibility, partnering with business leaders and exhibiting executive presence
- Strategic thinker, able to quickly grasp complex issues and break down problems
- Self-starter, demonstrated ability to structure own work, design and drive projects from their inception through to completion
- Solid communication skills, with proven ability to communicate and present information in written and verbal forms
Careers at UnitedHealthcare M&R Underwriting & HCE. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
•All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.