To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minnetonka, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Regional Manager, Operations
JLL • Minnetonka, MN
Posted 1 month ago
Regional Manager, Operations
Overview: This position is responsible for designing and/or implementing strategic engineering programs, ensures proper application on the accounts computerized maintenance management systems, provides ongoing field technical support and training, ensures teams are engaged and apply energy management programs, environmental health and safety programs, program management of construction projects, and the mentoring of Chief Engineers in thoughtful leadership, performance and efficiency.
Reports to: Technical Services Lead/Engineering Services Director
Supervises: Chief Engineers and associated engineering teams
Location: Regional assignment
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage engineering teams to ensure the utilization of consistent and efficient maintenance management practices across the Client’s facility portfolio.
- Develop and implement a staffing plan for engineering and ensure proper distribution of technical resources.
- Manages the integrity of the computerized maintenance management system by ensuring it is utilized properly and consistently across the portfolio.
- Overseeing consistent maintenance management key performance indicator reporting.
- Providing or sourcing technical support for Chief Engineers and their Facility Managers.
- Ensures Chief Engineers consistently maintain asset inventory and maintenance history records to establish maintenance and replacement plans.
- Administer annual skills assessments of facility engineering personnel. Establish and implement career development plans and training programs to support all maintenance personnel. Enroll team members annually in technical skills development training and track progress. Provide practical physical assessments were appropriate.
- Initiate and customize training programs for engineering team based on needs gathered through skills assessments.
- Assist Strategic Sourcing in bidding, negotiations and administration of regional or national contracts for technical products or services.
- Establish self as the internal “go-to” for Chief Engineers needing technical support of Technical Services, outside contractors, consultants or internal networking for support.
- Promotes code compliance by ensuring sites meeting criteria will participate in the JLL ESCP. In addition, apply applicable ESCP criteria in all sites not required to participate in the ESCP but, need to be code compliant.
- Conduct all activities with a focus on cost savings and/or the right thing to do, keeping both JLL and the client’s best interest in mind.
- Mentors engineering teams in the implementation of innovative cost reduction programs in all facilities by recommending operational efficiencies resulting in cost savings or increased productivity.
- Ensures chief engineers of assigned region develop capital improvement plans for their sites, consolidates information, and prepare information for Client review and approval.
Mobile Engineering Services Coordination
- Fully understands concept of MES. Manages and reports performance and cost.
- Ensures MES has first right of refusal in the disciplines of HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and Carpentry when outside resources are required to support site PM programs and Staffing plan.
- Ensures “One Team” by integrating MES and account FM teams.
- Support ESS in the implementation of a comprehensive energy management program for the Client account, including energy efficiency guidelines, energy audits, occupant awareness and internal/external benchmarking.
- Work with and support ESS to design and implement demand side energy management programs.
- Work with ESS and Chief Engineers to recommend any potential supply-side savings programs to the Client.
- Implement and ensure PEERS energy consumption reporting and benchmarking is utilized as directed to maintain consistent and accurate data.
Environmental Health & Safety
- Ensures continued use of the comprehensive environmental health and safety program for the Client account, including safety training, OSHA compliance, emergency response teams, MSDS tracking, subcontractor pre-qualification and conservation reporting.
- Ensures proper training and inspections occur as needed to minimize OSHA recordable and lost time incidents. Ensure process of tracking and reporting are in alignment with OSHA requirements.
Construction Project Management
- Develop processes and standards for the field to use in small construction projects.
- Ensure field compliance with construction management processes and standards.
- Collaborate with Strategic Sourcing professionals and Facility Managers to put in place “on-call” subcontractor agreements to minimize labor and materials costs, and optimize service response time.
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, engineering, engineering technology or related field experience preferred.
- Minimum 5-8 years direct supervision of multi-building operations and multiple direct reports required.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers here.