Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a broad range of high technology solutions and products to the marketplace. Teledyne Imaging Sensors is an integral member of the new Digital Imaging Segment of Teledyne Technologies. Imaging Sensors provides advanced imaging solutions for a variety of customers, including the DoD, NASA, prime system integrators, and commercial customers. In the civilian space arena, Teledyne sensors are the most advanced sensors on board the Hubble space telescope, and they are also found on board the majority of NASA space probes and ground based telescopes. In the DoD arena, Teledyne sensors are integrated into several major systems for persistent surveillance, chemical detection, and target identification, among others.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Mid-Level Program Planner develops, maintains, and assesses a program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) based on customer requirements, proposal/program manager’s program plan/input, and proposal/program’s project lead’s plan/input. The Mid-Level Program Planner will join a team of program planners with senior level experience who will provide guidance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Support a program’s proposal team in their planning, documenting, and cost assessment prior to proposal release.
- Support the Program Manager during all phases of a program in monitoring program’s day-to-day state-of-health assessment and, as required, support trades to mitigate program cost/schedule issues.
- Expected to build, baseline, and maintain schedules (task and resource loading) consistent with the National Defense Industrial Association’s Planning & Schedule Excellence Guide (PASEG)
- Expected to assess schedule health and analyze plan’s risk and resource using Software Solutions Inc (SSI) tools (or equivalent)
- Responsible for providing weekly program reporting (e.g. Earned Value, FTE Charged to Plan, Cost to Plan, Drawings to Plan, Hardware Execution to Plan, etc.) to the Program Manager.
- Communication (verbal and written) to program manager, customer, and senior management of schedule status through the results of key analysis (e.g. critical path, risk, variance, what-if, etc.)
- Provide support to program reviews that demonstrate thorough cost and schedule integration
- Participation in program’s daily standups, weekly status, and other program status tracking activities
- Work with program’s engineering, operations, test, and suppliers to directly input status, assess issues, as well as develop work-arounds or mitigations for late tasks
- Work with program managers, business operations, engineering, and operations in support of implementing earned value management on select programs
- Work with program’s project leads (engineering leads, operations, quality, procurements, and test) on a weekly basis to build initial plans as well as assess program status and develop/propose corrective/recovery action plans (this may occur directly or during group meetings)
Qualifications & Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies:
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience in Accounting, Finance, Program Management or Program Planning & Scheduling
- Minimum 3 years of scheduling experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment (preferably aerospace)
- Knowledge of the development and maintenance of program schedules (task and resource loading); knowledge of the National Defense Industrial Association’s Planning & Schedule Excellence Guide (PASEG) and assessing/reporting their health, resource planning, and risk using Structured Solutions Inc Tools (SSI, or equivalent) preferred.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Project experience (or similar project scheduling software)
- Knowledge of Earned Value assessment, tools, and metrics
- Demonstrated experience in using MS Office suite products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience (preferred) in setting up, performing, and reporting program earned value
- The ability to interface and influence at all levels of a program and organization
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to thrive in a deadline-oriented environment
- Displays exemplary ethics and business conduct, and performs work cognizant of safe work practices
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Project Management and/or Earned Value Management Certification preferred
US Citizenship with ability to attain/maintain government security clearance; active security clearance at Secret / SBBI level preferred
What can Teledyne offer YOU?
A Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent Health, Dental, Vision
Paid Vacation Time
Paid Sick Time
Life Insurance Benefits
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Educational Tuition Reimbursement
Employee Fun Events throughout the year
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email URL blocked - click to apply or call Phone number blocked - click to apply. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Due to classified work at the facility and related access restrictions, successful applicants must maintain U.S. Citizenship to allow the person to hold a U.S. Government security clearance.
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. ? If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email Email blocked - click to apply
or call Phone number blocked - click to apply
. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Agile Software Development