The Billing Coordinator will handle the full cycle billing process, from point of time entry release through paid invoice by establishing communication with the attorneys and legal assistants and understanding client requirements. The Billing Coordinator will be expected to communicate and resolve WIP balances and support Accounts Receivable with resolution for their respective client matters.
Our client is a leading international law firm with headquarters in Midtown, Manhattan. They are actively growing and are currently seeking to add an new Billing Coordinator to their Billing & Collections Department.
The Billing Coordinator will be expected to:
- Prepare, review, and distribute monthly prebills to appropriate billing attorneys
- Obtain billing exemptions when appropriate.
- Ensure proper policies, processes, and procedures are followed throughout the billing process for applicable attorneys
- Create bills; drafts and finals efficiently and accurately per client guidelines and billing department expectations.
- Prepare and/or assist in preparation of client bills; process, proof, and release manual bills in accounting system or download and prepare electronic billing using client approved software.
- Timely solution of any e-billing errors for proper submissions according to the client's guidelines. Validate set-up, maintenance and resolving electronic billing errors
- Work with the Client Pricing Department to resolve billing rates issues, special billing agreements, disbursement requirements, markup/discounts, etc
- Create and/or revise billing formats to accommodate client and/or attorney needs
- Review client accounts receivable, aged work in progress and unapplied cash to minimize cash cycle, improve cash flow, and meet revenue goals
- When appropriate, contact clients to resolve billing issues that hinder payment of outstanding A/R
Successful Billing Coordinator candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred
- Experience with Billing within a Law Firm environment
- Knowledge of Aderant, Elite, 3E or E-Billing Hub highly preferred
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge and understanding of a broad range of billing policies and procedures and use of billing software systems
- Strong communication skills and eagerness to learn
Competitive compensation, overtime eligibility, and comprehensive benefits.