Job ID: 153019
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Job Description Summary
A Diesel Mechanic will be responsible for the preventive maintenance and repair of heavy equipment. The successful candidate must be able to work safely in a fast-paced, covered and uncovered manufacturing facility.
- Install, troubleshoot, adjust, and repair equipment, company fleet vehicles, loaders, forklifts, screeners, grinders, and special purpose machines as assigned
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools to repair, grease, weld, cut, change parts and complete tasks as assigned
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly
- Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools
- Basic knowledge and troubleshooting related to electrical, hydraulics, pneumatic and mechanical systems
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- At least two years of maintenance experience with at least two years working in a manufacturing environment
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Working knowledge of basic safety programs, particularly lock-out/tag-out procedures and use of fall protection equipment
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.
Repairing (Computer Systems)