Requisition ID: 142741
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Industrial Group (KIG) has an immediate opening for a Senior Process Engineer with primary focus on the Industrial Water market in our growing Mining and Mineral Processing group based in Denver, CO, USA. You will be part of our growing process team that is developing water and wastewater treatment solutions that seamlessly transition from design plans to completed projects that exceed client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
You will provide technical and process engineering leadership for treatment process evaluation, selection, design and optimization and evaluation of plant operations associated with the permanent design activities of Kiewit teams and external partners on industrial water and wastewater and mining and mineral processing design-build and/or EPC projects and pursuits. Industrial Water Treatment projects include chemical, and/or physical wastewater treatment technologies such as coagulation/flocculation, filtration, UF/RO, chemical precipitation of metals, and chemical oxidation and reduction as applicable in the mining & minerals, chemical, power, and renewable gas markets. We are looking for ideal candidates to grow the Kiewit team by helping establish, maintain, and improve company standards and tools while also utilizing these standards and tools to contribute to project success.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the Industrial, Infrastructure, Water, Power, and Oil, Gas & Chemical (OGC) markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve our customers across markets on projects of any scale and complexity level. Backed by over 130 years of construction expertise, our construction-focused engineering centers on constructability, commissioning, and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure total project success.
The Kiewit Industrial Engineering team, which includes process, mechanical, piping, electrical, instrumentation and control, structural, and civil disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on collaborative Design-Build (progressive and/or fixed price) and EPC delivery models for complex water and treatment projects. The team brings project solutions to life across North America in the following areas:
- Water Treatment
- Extraction and Refining of Minerals
- Advanced Water Reuse
- Groundwater Remediation
- Industrial Water Treatment
- Wastewater Treatment
- Pipelines and Conveyance
Clients are turning to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects to lead and manage multi-disciplined design teams to work together to improve schedule, track design progress, control costs and minimize risk. We are a high performing team of engineers and designers that leads the water engineering process and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs, all working to develop the best possible delivery of water facility projects to our clients.
This role will be based out of Kiewit's Lone Tree, CO (Denver area) or Lenexa, KS office (Kansas City area) preferably. Remote work locations will be fairly considered.
- Provide technical and engineering leadership for industrial water and wastewater facility design including treatment process evaluation, process selection, and optimization and conduct evaluations of full-scale plant operations, pilot studies and bench studies as required. Identify and evaluate process lifecycle costs.
- Oversee and participate in the preparation of engineering reports, engineering drawings and specifications for complex water/wastewater projects such as PFD’s, P&ID’s, process simulations, datasheets, and engineering calculations including hydraulics and equipment sizing.
- Perform process systems and hydraulics modeling and scenario studies.
- Provide front line issue resolution of technical issues associated with design, construction, equipment and/or operations.
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers within a budget and schedule to execute design and engineering on projects.
- Interface with clients and partner engineers to support project and business development needs. Work directly with clients and partners on projects and tasks to develop long-term relationships. Attend client development activities and functions.
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provide consultation in specialized areas related to treatment or extraction plant planning and design.
- Support business development efforts and help in the pursuit of new projects. Contribute to the development of client proposals and project cost estimates.
- Actively participate in professional organizations. Prepare and make presentations to clients and professional organizations.
- Serve as a representative of Kiewit at meetings, presentations and public hearings/meetings relative to assigned projects.
- Communicate/present industry trends, competitive situations or technology/regulatory issues.
- Participate in improving company resources and tools to improve design production and efficiency.
- Mentor Kiewit’s entry and mid-level engineers for skill development.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemical, Mechanical, or Civil/Environmental Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in process development, conceptual and detailed design with a background in industrial markets.
- EIT required; Professional Engineer (PE) registration preferred
- Understanding of federal, state and local regulations and requirements related to water characterization, treatment and discharge
- Experience as process design engineering lead on design-build projects is preferred
- Experience with Lithium, Cobalt, Uranium, Potash, Phosphate, and critical minerals extraction and refining is highly preferred
- Must be willing and available to accommodate intermittent travel (20-30% maximum expected)
- Preferred experience utilizing AFT Fathom or AFT Arrow hydraulic simulation software (or equivalent) and/or experience with process modeling and simulation software applications such as Biowin, GPS-X, Hysys and/or Aspen, WatPro, AqMB, SIMBA etc.
Base Compensation: $129,850 - $194,776
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Business Development
- Cost Modelling