Responsible for working in concert with senior engineers to conceptualize, plan, design and implement complete and integrated architectures that support the organizational strategies. Works with business leaders and IT professionals to support implementation of the organization’s strategy, processes, information, and information technology assets. Creates documents that use multiple architectural models or views that show how the current and future needs of an organization will be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner. Responsible for implementing an architecture that supports the most efficient and secure IT environment meeting business needs.
- Ensure alignment of IT strategy and planning with business goals by acting as a technical resource, providing guidance and consultation to business leaders and cross functional peers on long range projects that require enterprise-wide solutions.
- Work with other architects and engineers to provide informed enterprise solutions that are scalable, adaptable and in sync with corporate strategy.
- Support technology leaders with new technology designs, artifacts, etc.
- Promote shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flows. Ensure that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and enterprise strategy.
- Develop policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within the company.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field plus 10 years of related work experience - OR - 15 years of comparable work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10 years of experience with a minimum of 5 years working experience in applications development, database/data warehouse/datamart, or infrastructure
- 3 years of experience leading a team of senior technical professionals
- 1 year of experience working with model driven development preferred
- 3 years of experience designing and building enterprise technology solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills with strong collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Strong understanding of the structure of relational databases
- Deep understanding of technology infrastructure and how it can be used to apply to enterprise
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements using models to determine appropriate architectural solutions
- Ability to see how parts interact with the whole; strong conceptual skills
- Strong knowledge of IT governance and operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT security best practices and integrations with application authorization and access
- Ability to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering
- Proven project and program management, planning, and organizational skills
- Strong ability to communicate verbally and in technical writing to all levels of the organization in a proactive, contextually appropriate manner
- Proven ability to prioritize work appropriately considering risk, financial impact and expectations of delivery
- Proven ability to drive change and effect process improvement by influencing a diverse group of technical individuals
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills with proven strength in applying root cause analysis
- Proven, hands- on ability to design and build enterprise technology solutions applying best practices and with minimal disruption
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Ability to coordinate and execute cross functionally with technical managers, business managers, SMEs, and customers
- Some financial analysis skills and familiarity with financial reporting tools
- Demonstrated ability to deliver presentations of complex information to a variety of audiences
- Proven track record of achieving results in challenging environments
Internal Use Only: Band D