To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Middletown, PA 17057
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Government Operations Specialist
UPS Professional • Middletown, PA
Posted 5 days ago
The Government Operations Support Specialist supports assigned government and defense sector customers. He/She provides customer pricing quotes and resolves customer and operational issues. This position gives operational guidance to internal and external groups (e.g., shippers, consignees, service center operations, carriers, international gateway operations, etc). The Government Operations Support Specialist ensures compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements. This position supports process improvements.
The Government Operations Support Specialist gathers customer rate quote request information to identify their needs and handle requests in a streamlined manner. He/She advises customers of service offerings to solicit their feedback and to determine which offering to execute. This position calculates shipping costs to provide customers with actual service costs. The Government Operations Support Specialist consults with origin and destination service centers to verify if customer shipment requests can be accurately executed on time and to address shipment details (e.g., changes, exceptions, deviations, special instructions, etc.). He/She tracks shipments and follows up with destination offices and agents to verify accurate shipment movement, obtain proof of delivery information, and to troubleshoot shipment delays and service failures.
- Obtains shipper, payer, and consignee information to determine which service centers will service each portion of the shipping request.
- Determines and captures method of payment to properly update invoices and Finance and Accounting.
- Itemizes payments in transportation system (i.e., E2K) to ensure costs are properly allocated (e.g., fuel surcharge, security, etc.).
- Ensures adherence of government directed routing instructions to avoid contract violations.
- Researches and analyzes customer issues to identify root causes and develop resolutions.
- Engages internal and external sources (e.g., service centers, gateways, carriers, etc.) to obtain information necessary for investigating customer issues.
- Provides customers with resolutions (e.g., shipment status, rates, routings, transportation capabilities, etc.) to satisfy their needs and maintain high levels of service.
- Stays abreast of rate changes to ensure accurate customer rate quotes and applied service charges.
- Detail Orientation: Captures/documents specific and accurate information; learns subjects thoroughly and in detail; completes work with thoroughness; supplies appropriate details when requested; maintains organized files.
- Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Knowledge: Demonstrates a basic understanding of the functions, regulations, and procedures of compliance agencies or governing bodies; takes a leadership position in programs that reduce risk and enhance safety.
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Preferred
- Experience with Freight Forwarding - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity
Read the Philadelphia Fair Chance Hiring Law here.