To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Corrosion Technician Intern
Aegion Corporation • Houston, TX
Posted 1 month ago
Corrpro Companies, Inc. is seeking Corrosion Interns for multiple offices across the US.
Corrpro, a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is among the world's largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure. For more details, visit web address removed>
- Perform duties related to testing, evaluation and installation of cathodic protection systems to inhibit corrosion on various structures
- Work with specific objectives and instruction from senior staff on customer drawings and specifications
- Conduct various test procedures to gather data for evaluation purposes
- Gather structure-to-soil potential data, soil measurements and rectifier data
- Learn how to sketch rectifiers, anodes, test stations, and other design features on prepared drawings
- Assist in the preparation of survey reports and final job reports
- Sketch physical features of installation site for subsequent detail
- Diagnose and recommend remedies for system difficulties observed during resurvey operations
- Provide maintenance of field test equipment, ensure good operating condition and render minor repairs
- Currently enrolled in a Technical School program related to Cathodic Protection / Corrosion Control required
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills required
- Must be willing to learn
- Basic NACE Corrosion courses and OSHA classes preferred
- Must be able to work outside at customer sites and travel extensively
Equal Employment Opportunity. Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant priority referral Protected Veterans requested