Building Technology Engineers (BTE), a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group Inc., offers a comprehensive single-source solution for facilities services, including equipment repair and replacement, preventative and predictive maintenance, and facility/equipment operations. With more than 60 years of experience and our solid financial strength, we provide a wide variety of customized solutions that meet our customers needs.
Job Title: Commercial Maintenance Technician
Performs support for general building operations and needs. Inspects, tests, and performs Operation & Maintenance (O&M) preventative maintenance inspections on mechanical, electrical and automatic temperature control equipment utilizing inspections on mechanical, electrical and automatic temperature control equipment utilizing results oriented strategies to ensure continuing operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs mechanical work required for installation and maintenance of equipment, systems and facilities in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturers specifications.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on all air & water distribution system equipment including air handlers, ductwork, fans & motors, dampers, variable air volume systems and their components, mechanical cooling/chilled water system, condenser water system, heating & hot water system, pumps, clocks, potable & domestic water system, humidification, life safety systems, ice storage, supplemental heating & cooling equipment, and sanitary systems & equipment. Including but not limited to belt adjustments, oiling, greasing and cleaning of equipment or replacement of various types of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Performs re-lamping, both indoor and outdoor.
- Troubleshoot and replaces steam trap elements when needed.
- Performs daily operation, inspects, maintains, repairs or assists in the repairs the buildings Energy Management System & Building Automated System, and Fire Safety System when required. Must also stay educated on the operation of these systems either through manuals and or service representative training, when provided.
- Conducts daily/weekly tours of mechanical spaces, tenant/public areas, roofs, and building grounds.
- Respond to service calls/tenant request for HVAC, plumbing, lighting, escorts, general carpentry & painting duties, key making, picture hanging, safely move furniture and equipment as needed, and provide support or assistants when needed.
- Communicate with the owner, owner’s representative, or supervisor on the work performed and present status of the mechanical system.
- Stays abreast of changes (safety and code) in the field through seminars and other educational means.
- Provides information for input to client work order tracking system to initiate work orders for unscheduled jobs, develop materials lists for ordering, and may be required to provide technical support for projects.
- Responds to emergency situations and traces, troubleshoots and repairs problems; may wear a cell phone, pager and or carry a shop radio for rapid response.
- Conducts general housekeeping to mechanical/electrical rooms including sweeping, mopping and painting.
- Completes work in accordance with EMCOR Business Systems Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Universal CFC Certification
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Repairing (Computer Systems)