To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wausau, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse - RN - Oncology
Maxim Healthcare Services • Wausau, WI
Posted 3 days ago
The Oncology nurse is responsible for evaluating, planning, implementing and documenting nursing care for oncology patient population.
This is a travel assignment, local contract, or contract-to-hire opportunity.
Shift Details: 36 hours per week, 12-hour shifts, AM and/or Overnight shifts, with weekend rotation.
- Provides specialized oncology nursing care to patients in a hospital or clinic setting.
- Performs nursing procedures and prescribed medical treatments.
- Observes and assesses chemotherapy patients' conditions.
- Assures patient safety and stability; reports significant changes to supervisor or physician; records nursing notes on patient chart.
- Interviews and observes patients to ascertain medical history and current condition; reviews patients’ records; takes vital signs, assesses current condition and pain level.
- Administers chemotherapy, blood products, IV fluids and medications.
- Validates chemotherapy doses for accuracy.
- Reviews and carries out physician’s orders.
- Reports progress and unusual occurrences.
- Identifies patient needs and healthcare problems; develops goals, service delivery protocols, and nursing plan of care; evaluates patient progress and modifies care plans as needed.
- Records and reports all information within scope of authority.
- Performs assessment of patients; evaluates symptoms, and determines essential care required.
- Prepares patients for physician’s examination, and assists in examination and treatment of patient.
- Educates patients and families about cancer diagnosis, prognosis and treatment options.
- Instructs individual patients and family on follow-up care, toxicity and side effects of chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- Assists in assessment of pain management.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Current RN license.
- Prefer at least 1 year of experience in oncology
- Current BLS card.
- Must pass criminal background screening.
- Current TB test or Chest X-ray.
- PALS/ACLS if per contract requirements
- Current physical exam per state or contract requirements.
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs