To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Clinical Social Worker
The Judge Group • Rancho Mirage, CA
Posted 15 days ago
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Judge Group is looking for a Clinical Social Worker in Rancho Mirage, CA!
The Social Worker is responsible for coordinating the complex discharge planning needs of patients and their families, as well as to provide supportive counseling, psychosocial assessment, and interventions for patients with complex psychiatric, social, medical and financial needs.
Reports to: Manager, Case Management Ages of Patients: Pediatric Adolescent Adult Geriatric
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to establish and carry out complex plans of care for key diagnoses.
- Knowledge of regulations, standards, and legislation (local, state and federal) related to the continuum of care and patient transition.
- Well develop psychosocial assessment and intervention skills.
- Ability to deal concretely and psychologically with a variety of crises.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, and able to organize efforts around helping clients have a positive experience.
- Skills and strengths in all forms of communications, particularly verbal and written.
- Exercises a high degree of initiative, judgment, and discretion. Essential
1. Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
2. Completes psychosocial assessment of patients according to professional standards. Documents using facts only without attitude, judgment or opinions. Includes all telephone calls made with person’s name and phone number.
3. Conducts a discharge planning needs assessment and develops a discharge plan in conjunction with the care coordinator and the interdisciplinary team to meet desired goals for the next step in the continuum.
4. Communicates to patient/family, care coordinator and interdisciplinary team members the discharge options and plans for complex patients. Communicates to patients their choices regarding discharge plans, and respects these choices as defined by federal, state and regulatory requirements.
5. Updates the care coordinator and team as to the status of the discharge plans. Re-evaluates and revises the discharge plan as additional information is acquired and keeps patient/family and team informed to changes in the plan.
6. Works with care coordinator to obtain insurance approval for post-acute services. Maintains current knowledge and awareness of payer/reimbursement practices.
7. Coordinates the actual discharge plan, including transportation.
8. Coordinates utilization of patient and community resources to facilitate achievement of safe and effective discharge plan and accomplishment of goals.
9. Finalizes all discharge planning arrangements within 24 hours of discharge.
10. Ensures that any information that would be helpful, as appropriate, to facilitate continuity of care post-discharge, are communicated to post-acute provider via discharge paperwork or via phone as per departmental documentation guidelines.
11. Follows up on discharge planning issues identified by nursing staff during off hours.
12. Develops strong relationships with community health resources to ensure appropriate patient access after discharge. Completes timely referrals to post-discharge providers, ensuring efficient patient flow and adherence to federal and regulatory requirements.
13. Screens patients, upon referral or according to high-risk criteria for psychosocial needs. Conducts psychosocial assessment when indicated to identify emotional, social and environmental issues impacting quality outcomes and efficient patient throughput.
14. Provides crises intervention, supportive counseling, and advocacy to assist patients and/or family with adjustment associated with illness, hospitalization and/or alternative care placement. Facilitates the decision-making process in complex cases.
15. Communicates findings to care coordinator and other members of the interdisciplinary team and intervenes as appropriate in order to ensure a proactive approach to crisis intervention and efficient patient throughput.
16. Helps patients understand their rights in regards to patient choice, medical treatment, advanced directives, and other related issues.
17. Helps patient/family understand, accept and follow medical recommendations within the context of self-determination.
18. Initiates appropriate referrals to the Ethics Committee, Physician Advisor, Risk Management or Legal Services, as appropriate.
19. Facilitates resolution of issues surrounding patient care in a compassionate manner, functioning as a patient advocate.
20. Serves as a resource to hospital staff and physicians concerning social issues (i.e., APS, CPS, Domestic Violence, the 5150 process, DPOA, mental health).
21. Ensures advance directives are in place and honored according to patient wishes.
22. Facilitates resource acquisition for the unfunded patient, as available.
23. Provides education to patient and families around issues related to adaptation to the patient’s diagnosis, illness, treatment, discharge plan and/or life situation.
24. Serves as a resource to members of the interdisciplinary team and patient/family regarding coverage issues, discharge options, and community resources. Participates in team meetings.
25. Documents according to hospital policy.
26. Collaborates with Case Managers to promote continuous process improvement, which results in efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and the highest level of clinical excellence.
27. Collaborates with physicians, nursing and other healthcare disciplines to promote continuous process improvement, which results in efficiency, cost-effectiveness and the highest level of clinical excellence.
28. Calls in and writes APS and CPS reports when warranted, copies filed.
29. Performs 5150 assessments, locates facility and facilitates placement of 5150 patients.
30. Performs other duties as assigned.
Please send your most up to date resume to Jaclyn at Jrossillo@judge.com
Job ID: 589298
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.