Position at Alpine
Alpine, an ITW company, currently has an opening for a Shift Lead (second shift 7 pm - 3:30 am) in its Litchfield, IL facility to lead production in the operation of press machinery as well as steel material handling to quality specifications in an efficient and safe manner.
Alpine is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase productivity and profitability. Alpine is a division of ITW, a F200 global diversified manufacturer with $13.4B in revenue.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.Core Responsibilities:
- Operate all machinery and machine control mechanisms
- Perform activities on equipment which includes; setup, assemble, disassemble, operate, changeover, remove, turn, replace, adjust, service, and basic maintenance as needed to support production.
- Perform all quality checks according to SOPs and quality specifications sheets.
- Coordinate training of temporaries and machine operators.
- Ensure safe operating practices and behaviors throughout team.
- Use of ERP system to coordinate work activities and produce necessary reports
- Track machine downtime per shift and produce necessary reports
- Lead and motivate team in meetings and events
- This position may be assigned other duties as needed to support plant and to meet customer needs.
- Willing to work 2nd shift and overtime (7 pm-3:30 am plus OT)
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3-5 years of industrial related experience
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Prior leadership experience in a team environment or first line supervisory experience.
- Demonstrate a willingness to cooperate in a team environment.
- Utilize practical problem solving to identify the root cause of problems.
- Basic computer proficiency
- Forklift certification required
- Proficiency with ERP
ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We do not accept unsolicited resumes.
To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click URL blocked - click to apply for information on how to contact us directly.