What You Will Do:
Under the supervision of the Director of Compliance, the analyst will manage, develop, implement and monitor policies, procedures, processes, training, corrective action plans and overall operations to ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations affecting the Medical System and its Affiliates. Additionally, the Analyst will work collectively with Affiliate management and other personnel to ensure that compliance initiatives are implemented at all UMMS affiliates. For assigned components, individuals will be responsible for leading efforts implementing, monitoring and tracking Compliance Program elements and providing direction and guidance to affiliate personnel for adherence to industry regulations, system policies, Federal Sentencing Guidelines, CMS Conditions of Participation, Conditions of Payment and State specific requirements.
Manages all aspects in one or more subject-matter areas of Compliance operations and works directly with Corporate Compliance Directors to implement specific components of the annual Compliance Plan. Specific Compliance subject matter areas include:
A. HIPAA Privacy and Security
1. HIPAA Privacy and Security and serves as Liaison to Hospital Privacy Officers
a. Prepares required HIPAA breach reporting for reporting submission and enters into current government reporting system as required after review by Compliance Director.
b. Develops related HIPAA Privacy, IT and Security policies and collaborates with IS&T with implementation across the System.
c. Leads Corporate Compliance and Hospital Privacy Officer Committee Roundtable meetings.
d. Identifies and provides related HIPAA Privacy and Security education and training opportunities.
e. Collaborates with Hospital Privacy Officers and HIM staff to investigate, mitigate and resolve HIPAA Privacy related incidents.
B.. Compliance Program MetricsWhat You Need to Be Successful:
1. Manages validation of Compliance Program Metrics, identifies gaps and develops and reports aggregated data by Affiliate. Develops management and committee reports based on aggregated System data.
a. Collects documentation from Hospital Compliance Officers quarterly and annually regarding their Compliance Program Metrics and assists in determining documentation is appropriate, reviews for statistical accuracy, meets standards, requests more information if required, and ensures it is complete.
b. Works collaboratively with Hospital Compliance Officers in understanding and continually monitoring the metrics, identifying educational gaps and develops process and training tools to close those gaps.
c. Completes required metrics summary chart and highlights overview for management presentation
d. Prepares corporate compliance summaries of project research into electronic formats for meetings and presentations
e. Validates data as requested and makes recommendations to improve the accuracy of the data. Presents ideas for modifications and additions to the metrics to make the Compliance Program more robust or measure compliance outcomes.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business administration or healthcare or a relevant field would be required.
2. Two (2) or more years of experience in a business, professional or health care environment, including one (1) year experience in a Compliance, Internal Audit, Billing, Coding, Education and Training, Case Investigations, Research or equivalent related fields is required.
Experience with data analysis tools and techniques are preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. PC literate with intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Internet and data analysis tools and techniques.
2. Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills to communicate with colleagues, patients and/or visitors to establish strong working relationships.
3. Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
4. Strong analytical skills.
5. Ability to work in a self-directed team by taking and giving direction and sharing in the responsibility of the team.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.