As the Protective Security Officer you will ensure the safety and security of the corporate environment. Be a Liaison between corporate visitors, employees, and law enforcement; Represent the loss prevention department through positive interactions with visitors and throughout the company verbally, and through email communication.
Some responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Successful completion of Active Shooter Certification course, an advanced weapons qualification course
- Safeguard the safety of employees and guest
- Safeguard and maintain confidential information
- Vigilant for threats, risk, and vulnerability to the security of the Ace Corporate Headquarters
- Ensure adherence to corporate security policies via multi-screen CCTV system, and computer-based monitoring.
- Resolve situations calmly, tactfully and with common sense
- Prepared and poised to prevent an immediate threat to life safety or to pursue an armed attacker with armed force to deal with the threat.
- Monitor access to campus facilities via CCTV and multi-screen computer-based lobby control; patrol facilities for safety and security compliance; monitor alarm systems; Determine access levels and add accordingly to badges.
- Electronically register guests and notify company contact of arrival via phone; process property passes.
- Assist Loss Prevention Supervisor on projects; create activity logs and incident reports; enter requests for facility and security control issues; work with security provider on maintenance issues.
- Take appropriate action to stop an immediate threat to the safety of employees and guest.
- First responder to all life safety incidents which may require administration of first aid procedures until medical professionals can take over.
- Successfully complete quarterly firearms proficiency exam on a quarterly basis.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 2-5 years armed guard, armed law enforcement or armed military experience required
- Military experience, law enforcement experience, Associates Degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- PRIOR TO START DATE - must be able to provide documentation that you qualify for a Firearms Control Card (FCC), Permanent Employee Registration Card (PERC)/ and Firearm Owners Identification Card (FOID) in the state of Illinois.
- Must provide 20 hour firearms training certificate (in lieu of law enforcement or military experience).
- Ability to analyze situations quickly and objectively, and to determine proper course of action to be taken.
- Take and successfully complete assessment including physical agility, psychological and handgun proficiency, periodically.
- Ability to maintain skill in the use and care of firearms.
- Good general intelligence and emotional stability.
- Ability to follow proper guidelines, best practices and protocol.
- Must meet Fit for Duty requirements including being able to always maintain physical, psychological and handgun standards, while on duty.
- CPR/AED/FIRST AID certification from a nationally recognized source required.
- Corporate security experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills, (Windows 7, C-Cure, Outlook, multi-screen CCTV, Easy-lobby).
- Strong Customer Service, verbal and written communication skills (phones and computer based programs are main source of communication).
- Ability to work flexible shifts and locations (Monday through Friday between the hours of 5.30 am - 6.30 pm CST).
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws.
Automated External Defibrillator
Certified First Responder