Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
GAI-Tronics® owned by Hubbell Incorporated, is the world’s largest company focused on the communication needs of the world’s industrial markets. Founded in 1946, GAI-Tronics’ earliest products set the industry standard for durability and reliability. While maintaining our commitment to the principles of quality and customer service, today’s GAI-Tronics® aggressively applies leading edge technology to solve the world’s most challenging communication needs, and is backed by stability, reputation, and financial strength of Hubbell Incorporated, a worldwide leader in electrical and electronic products.
Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It’s this talent that we consider to be our company’s greatest asset. As such, we are invested in your success.
GAI-Tronics offers a wide range of health and welfare, incentive and educational opportunities that have earned us a reputation as one of the leading employers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, a Retirement savings plan, Time away from work and more! When you work for GAI-Tronics, you can expect an environment where your expertise will make a real change to our business, merging the company’s success with that of your own.
3030 Kutztown Road
Reading, PA 19605
The Field Sales Representative is responsible for identifying new sales opportunities in adjacent and new market verticals. The Representative will increase sales volume by managing accounts, negotiating with clients, generating leads, qualifying project opportunities and aid in setting up channel partners and distributors as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Roles & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with customers in assigned territory to identify sales and service opportunities. Customers are defined as organizations that influence the design and procurement of a GAI-Tronics solution. These organizations may include the following types: Engineering Firms, Integrators, Contractors, Distributors, End-Users and other Channel Partners.
- Conduct Lunch and Learn Seminars with targeted customers to keep them updated on our total product offering. Utilize corporate resources for project specific opportunities as needed with your manager's approval.
- Work with your manager to set growth goals for your territory. Submit an accurate monthly forecast and communicate any adjustments to your manager. Continually update the project funnel in SalesForce CRM. Communicate with your fellow sales associates on shared projects.
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge. Be proactive with requesting with requesting additional training from systems engineering or product management as needed.
- Be cognizant of market conditions and the competitive environment. Identify growth and acquisition opportunities and report finding to yoru manager.
- Complete assigned reports in a timely manner. Travel and entertain customers as required. Monitor expenses and keep them consistent with corporate policy.
- Represent the organization at a high level and follow all of Hubbell's core values and ethical standards.
Skills and Experience
Required Qualifications and Skills:
B.A. or B.S. in Business Administration, Engineering or related technical field. Ideal candidate will have a strong comprehension of IP network technology and will preferably have five or more years of proven successful IP/VoIP network-based systems selling experience. A strong knowledge of IP network distribution channels is helpful. Above average communications and presentation skills required, along with a proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. A minimum of 50% travel during the work week required. A valid driver's license and excellent driving record required.
They physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Must have strong Microsoft Office, email and other PC application skills
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions
- Works well in a group problem solving situation
Bachelors Degree in Business or Engineering General
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.