Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Join us at Backus Hospital as we live our values every day. As part of Hartford HealthCare we create a better future for healthcare in Connecticut and beyond. By embodying these values we have become nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care. Come be part of something special!
For more than 118 years, Backus Hospital has been the primary source of healthcare services for much of Eastern Connecticut. We are home to the only trauma center in New London and Windham counties, and are the only area hospital with LIFE STAR helicopter services. We deliver and coordinate a continuum of high-quality healthcare with the goal of improving the health of our communities.Job Summary:
The incumbent supports the administration of employee relations, labor relations, and employee programs for the East Region. Provides field managers and supervisors with interpretation and guidance regarding policies, collective bargaining agreements, legal and compliance matters to ensure fair and consistent application. Counsels and advises on the administration of specific employment laws including federal and state labor laws for the East Region.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in human resource management or closely related field with equivalent training and experience
• Six to eight years’ experience in human resources three of which must have been in a responsible employee and labor relations role.
• Understanding of specific labor relations needs and challenges related to a company’s collective bargaining agreement and business strategy
• Experience with conducting workplace investigations
• Excellent verbal and written communications and strong interpersonal communications
• Proficient in MS Office
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in human resource management, labor/industrial relations or business management. PHR and/or SPHR designation
• Eight years’ experience in human resources five of which must have been in a responsible employee and labor relations role.
• Specific skills, such as negotiation, mediation, arbitration, collective bargaining process and leadership
• Strength in situation leadership, ethics, problem-solving, strategic thinking, and cultural competency
• Demonstrated process orientation skills and experience with Six Sigma and/or Lean.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: SHRM PHR
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
• Ability to understand and interpret company policy as it applies to specific situations and implement actions.
• Ability to evaluate customer satisfaction, demonstrate teamwork with internal and external customers, and utilize resources to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
• Excellent customer services skills and ability to manage competing priorities. Ability to manage multiple workstreams and execute flawlessly with high attention to detail.
• Must be able to prioritize, organize, plan, and complete work activities in an efficient, timely manner.
• Must be self-directed and motivated. Work with minimal supervision and exercises common sense and good judgment to problem-solve. Has the ability to identify core issues and resolve them via effectively utilizing available resources.
• Consistently works with integrity to develop strong trusting relationships and handle confidential information with discretion.
• Possesses a proactive approach to accomplishing work, has timely follow up, and demonstrates the flexibility to meet business needs with a focus on achieving results.
• Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally with employees, members of the HR team, and in group presentations and meetings.
• Maintains a calm and logical demeanor when faced with challenging employees or situations.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Human Resource Management