Travel Required: None Requisition Type: Regular
GDIT’s Early Career Program is designed with you in mind! Our technical internship allows you the opportunity to be a part of a collaborative team that is helping to solve our client’s most complex issues. Throughout GDIT’s 10-week summer internship program, you will work on innovative projects that touch areas such as software development, data infrastructure, cybersecurity, networking, and IT support, and other related areas depending on your background and interest. As an intern, you will have real responsibilities and work alongside experienced and innovative industry professionals. Your internship experience will equip you with best in class skills to take back to the classroom.
GDIT is seeking a self-directed Information Systems Associate (intern) with a passion for technology, collaboration, and creative problem-solving for our Chantilly, VA location. The intern will actively contribute to meaningful projects and work closely with a mentor and with leadership in the Business Integration and Transformation Services (BITS) team.
BITS Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in workflow process diagram discussions, provide recommendations for improvement and document resulting process workflow diagrams and artifacts.
- Participate in capturing and mapping/diagraming of system data elements
- Lead effort to collect, design repository structure and consolidate BITS team artifacts
- Provide assistance to Value Stream Leads in developing communication plan for BITS portfolios
- Support the BITS Operations & Execution tasks
- Research and perform data aggregation and analysis in support of projects and operations
- Assist with design of end user interface on Employee Hub Mobile application (tile design and content curation of CIO Services tile)
- Support development and expansion of the Persona framework by incorporating Roles and Skills profiles
- Assist in resolving business issues using systems and data
- Estimate costs and benefits of multiple actions and/or solutions and provide recommendations
- Ability to create content specific dashboards
- Create proof of concepts for new capabilities we are aspiring to deploy (building and training ML/AI models, Robotic Process Automation candidates, Ansible/Terraform scripted deployments, Natural Language Processing services etc.
- Candidate must be a current college freshmen or sophomore with a desire to pursue a degree in a technical concentration such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems, etc.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates decision-making skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Sufficient Understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Gain hands-on experience in an IT environment
- Shadowing and training experiences with knowledgeable professionals
- Compensation available
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Java (Programming Language)
Hyper Text Markup Language (Html)
Hardworking And Dedicated
Attention To Detail