To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
17720 Corporate Woods Drive
San Antonio, TX 78259
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
THERAPIST (PHP Adult) PRN
Universal Health Services • San Antonio, TX
Posted 1 month ago
One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Laurel Ridge Treatment Center is seeking a dynamic and talented Therapist (PHP Adult on a PRN status. To learn more about Laurel Ridge Treatment Center go to www.laurelridgetc.com.
POSITION PURPOSE: To provide clinical case management and psychotherapeutic services to patients, families and identified support systems.
1. Provides group, individual, and family therapies, as scheduled and/or assigned, documenting patients'/ families' response to interventions.
2. Ensures a Psychosocial Assessment and Chemical Dependency Assessment (as indicated) is prepared for each patient according to established time frames, assuring that all appropriate information is included and shared with treatment team members.
3. Oversees case management and discharge planning components of the patient's Master Treatment Plan and MTP reviews, documenting discussion of the plan with the patient and family as appropriate.
4. Develops appropriate aftercare plans with the patient, assessing the need and arranging for community agency support as appropriate and documenting. Completes appointment sections of discharge sheet, completes a discharge note and crisis safety plan for every patient.
5. Reports known or suspected abuse of patients.
6. Works collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team to achieve quality patient care.
7. Maintains professional licensure and regularly updates clinical skills.
8. Assists with/completes commitment to this facility and other facilities when appropriate to include emergency detentions and orders of protective custody.
9. Works collaboratively with patients, family and all identified consumers to ensure successful discharge planning.Job Requirements
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Excellent written and verbal skills, strong assessment and interpersonal skills, flexible attitude, able to meet demands of heavy caseload. Ability to maintain patient records and confidentiality. Excellent understanding of appropriate boundaries/relationships with staff and patients. Excellent clinical and didactic skills and understanding of group dynamics.
EDUCATION: Master's degree.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: LMSW, LCSW or LPCI or LPC.
EXPERIENCE: At least 6 months' work in individual, group and family therapy, and in case management and discharge planning in an inpatient psychiatric facility; familiarity with ethical and legal duties regarding reporting of abuse.
* Ability to speak and write.
* Hearing and vision sufficient to perform essential tasks.
* Emotional stability necessary to perform essential functions.
* Ability to perform CPR.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
This opportunity provides the following:
- *UHS is Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.