To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
10700 McPherson Road
Laredo, TX 78045
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
TECH - PHARMACY
Doctors Hospital • Laredo, TX
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, assist in the various activities of the pharmacy department. Assist in preparing and distributing medications, maintaining the drug inventory and maintenance of records. Performs in accordance with standard written procedures, guidelines and state and federal regulations.
JOB ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Procures and distributes drug orders per physician request, pharmacist request or prearranged work assignment according to established policies, procedures and protocols, and within specified time frame.
2. Maintains a working knowledge of all aspects in pharmacy services, including but not limited to: Drug names and classification, medication order and prescription interpretation, prescription computer order entry, pharmaceutical calculations, medication error prevention methods.
3. Maintains a working knowledge of the general chemical and physical properties of drugs handled in the pharmacy department. This includes but is not limited to, identifying medications that are light sensitive, requires refrigeration, are caustic, or poisonous. Is able to use reference books to locate stability information or material safety data sheets.
4. Carries out the calculations required for the usual dosage determinations and solutions preparation using weight and volume equivalents in both the metric and apothecary systems.
5. Issues controlled substances to patient care areas and maintains records as required by law. Collects data, conducts inspections and maintains logs and other documentation as assigned.Job Requirements
- High School diploma or GED.
- Six (6) months experience performing pharmacy functions.
- Certified & registered Pharmacy Technician by the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
- IV Certification is preferred
- Continued employment is contingent on successfully maintaining current required certification(s) and/or license(s).
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of Pharmacy.
- Ability to maintain good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and to learn prescribed routine procedures.
- Ability to set priorities, make critical decisions and respond quickly to emergency requests.
- Ability to maintain harmonious and effective working relationships with other employees and respond to general public complaints.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Participation in Local, State and National Pharmacy Organization to acquire/improve Competency