You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Head Lifeguards (Devil's Thumb HOA)
The YMCA of Northern Colorado is hiring Head Lifeguards for the Devil's Thumb Pool. You will serve as the friendly hawk that keeps swimmers and families safe and our Anthem Highlands aquatics team on the ball. Head Lifeguards can serve up to 40 hours per week, for summer with the opportunity to continue at a YMCA branch after summer. You might be a good candidate if:
- You have the common sense and problem-solving skills to help manage staffing and overall operations at this site. You understand what it means to be a leader, and you are ready for the responsibility of supervising fellow guards.
- You can communicate to staff, members and program participants in a professional, positive tone. Always. You handle complaints and criticism with grace and charm, and you know when to communicate with the aquatic's leadership about problems and concerns.
- You are an awesome Lifeguard. It's OK, you can brag. You not only have all your certifications and years on the stand, but you possibly even have some management or leadership experience.
- You love the idea of being part of an organization that makes a difference in your community. You love that your work saves lives, and that feeling makes you smile every day you come to work.
- 18 years of age or older. Please apply to our other guard if you are 15-17 years.
- Current ARC/YMCA Lifeguard, First Aid, AED, Emergency Oxygen and CPR-PR Certifications
- Professional, alert, courteous, and tactful
- Blood Borne Pathogens within 30 days of hire.
- Previous lifeguard experience
- Previous leadership or management experience preferred.
Salary Range: $18.50-20.25/hour depending on experience and availability. In addition, we offer a +10% differential for bilingual staff who test as fluent in Spanish and English. This position is seasonal with the opportunity to continue at a YMCA branch at the end of summer.
All YMCA of Northern Colorado part-time staff working 10+ hours each week are eligible to receive a free family membership. Staff who work 10+ hours a week earn 50% to 100% off our programs. That includes free YMCA traditional day camp, youth sports, learn to skate and swim lessons, and half off YMCA Camp Santa Maria overnight camp, personal training, specialty summer camps, and childcare. If you work 20+ hours a week, your benefits grow from there. Sick time is earned from day 1, and we make contributions of 10% of your salary to the YMCA Retirement Fund for eligible staff.
View all openings, learn more about our benefits and apply online today at .
We were founded as the Young Men's Christian Association in 1844. But today, we are The Y, an association that values, and is made stronger by, its diverse people. At the YMCA of Northern Colorado, we are committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or religious affiliation.
Childcare benefits of more than $5000 are considered taxable income and will be processed accordingly.
- Automated External Defibrillator
- First Aid And Preparedness
- Medical Emergency
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g3dqx9u
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.